Rotary Cutter Hoping for some help with Sidewinder Brush hog

stuckmotor

Elite Member
Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I like the price, BUT, notice another mower sitting beside it. I wonder whether it's the Sidewinder's replacement and why it's being replaced. If my Ranger had a big enough bed to haul it, I'd be tempted to buy it myself.

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader
I like the price, BUT, notice another mower sitting beside it. I wonder whether it's the Sidewinder's replacement and why it's being replaced. If my Ranger had a big enough bed to haul it, I'd be tempted to buy it myself.

The mower sitting beside it is a skid steer front mount, hydraulic powered Bobcat Brushcat:

IMG_0785.JPG

brushcat.JPG

650 Bobcat Brushcat.jpg

Last edited:

OP
J.Wal

J.Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
I know I can pull a 5’ no problem. This is only 6” more..... but from what I get feedback on, the weight is a lot more.

I plan to buy a EA Bush hog if I don’t find one used before spring that works.

OP
J.Wal

J.Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3130
Went and looked at it. Would be too heavy and too wide for my 3130. But a dang heavy duty brush cutter though! IMG_0810.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0808.JPG

CallMeChaz

Tractor
none yet
This is only 6 more..... but from what I get feedback on, the weight is a lot more..

If this helps anyone on the future looking at Sidewinder...I have 5' Sidewinder. It is half-again the beast any other rotary was that I ever had! I swear you could crush rocks with it to gravel your driveway. I'm slinging it around with a Kubota L2250. Lifting is a breeze, and it tracks fine on my hilly 6 acres. I wish I had a 6-foot something or other. My Kub is 64", and I get a lousy cut under the tires--though I'm guessing new blades would give me another 2" on either side. They are really rough!

I've run tractors of all sizes, industrial and farm, for 50 years and feel comfortable knowing if I'm pushing the edge. If a 6' Sidewinder were a few-hundred pounds heavier, I would not hesitate to use it with my 2250 if run sensibly.

BTW, if you need help with Sidewinder parts, check with Hercules Ag & Outdoor, (318) 377-9481

They claim 50 years of service as FMC employees.