Rear Finish Mower hours bet. greasing RFM

/ hours bet. greasing RFM #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
HELP settle a discussion, how many hours before you re-grease your RFM

/ hours bet. greasing RFM #2  
Been a while since I haved owned/greased one, so my info maybe outdated...

We greased the RFM/FEL/BH or anything that was in service for a full day, two half days, or after 10 hours of use, which ever came sooner.

From what I can remember it was hard to keep track so it ended up being pretty much after every use... :D

/ hours bet. greasing RFM #3  
The manual for my Woods RFM says axles and pivot pins every 8 hrs, spindles and drive shaft u-joints every 24 hrs. I try to stick pretty close to that, but sometimes I don't keep up with the axles and pivot pins. I have about 680 hrs on the mower in the 15 yrs since I bought it new and the only thing I ever replaced was one axle sleeve. Still running the original belt.

I hate greasing more than just about anything. It's such a messy job. I just greased my Woods, and I ran out of grease on the last fitting. Had to change tubes - grease everywhere. I just hate it.

/ hours bet. greasing RFM #4  
frank_f15 said:
HELP settle a discussion, how many hours before you re-grease your RFM

I check the oil level in the 4 gearboxes, and regrease my batwing before every use.. though not more than once per day, if I happen to use it more than once that day.. etc.

it's 15 minutes well spent..

soundguy

/ hours bet. greasing RFM
coveredbridge said:
The manual for my Woods RFM says axles and pivot pins every 8 hrs, spindles and drive shaft u-joints every 24 hrs. I try to stick pretty close to that, but sometimes I don't keep up with the axles and pivot pins. I have about 680 hrs on the mower in the 15 yrs since I bought it new and the only thing I ever replaced was one axle sleeve. Still running the original belt.

I hate greasing more than just about anything. It's such a messy job. I just greased my Woods, and I ran out of grease on the last fitting. Had to change tubes - grease everywhere. I just hate it.

Will have to agree it is a messy job and i guess i was right on as i usually grease it about every 8 hours of use. not used in dusty condiions or sand areas, just northeastern grass.

/ hours bet. greasing RFM #6  
I grease it before using it. If I run it for hours and hours, or just an hour, it doesn't matter. The same is true with everything that I have. I grease it before using it that day.

Eddie