Houska from Ontario, Canada

/ Houska from Ontario, Canada #1  

houska

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h; Kubota KX-040
Just bought a couple of hundreds of acres of recreational land, Canadian shield wilderness.
A couple of private lakes and a couple of miles/km of private road, painstakingly developed and maintained by the previous owner on the cheap, using the labour of friends with rented equipment.
Pretty clear we're going to be buying a ~40hp compact tractor to maintain and improve it with less compromises and dependency on others. It will be a learning curve for someone like me who hasn't done anything at that scale before, but my wife and I look forward to the challenge!

As we hibernate through inches of snow and frostbitey temperatures, I'm reading up so that in the spring we can make an informed tractor purchase! I really appreciate the community and the wisdom here, and thought it's time I join rather than lurk without a userID.

/ Houska from Ontario, Canada #2  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ Houska from Ontario, Canada #3  
houska- Your place reads to be idyllic for anyone who loves snow & cold:cool: This site is a valuable resource with an informed and helpful membership. Good luck with the tractor research (which is part of the fun in tractor acquisition) and the project.

/ Houska from Ontario, Canada #4  
Welcome. Sounds like a great project. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

/ Houska from Ontario, Canada #5  
:welcome:

Congrats on your new land!
We'll wait out the frost with you :)

/ Houska from Ontario, Canada #7  
Howdy.png

Howdy!!!!!!!!