Houston, pretty sure I have a problem.

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #1  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
So weather report changed from first snow of the season being 1" or less 2 days ago to 4"-8" yesterday. Snow starts tomorrow and continues through monday morning. Just got my new snowblower connected.

Got 1/4 mile of driveway that I added material to earlier this fall. Ended up with a high hump for a crown as I only had a box blade at the time.

Went out today and as a test backed down the road with the blower off just to see if it would clear.

Nope.

This happened with skid shoes at second to last highest position, after this put them all the way down.

xj0bYoZ.jpg

Should I be worried that blowing this tomorrow will snap shear pins or will it just throw the excess material along with the snow? Material is 3/4 inch crusher run.

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #2  
I would run it with shoes all the way up till it freezes up or that rock will get tossed out.

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem.
I would run it with shoes all the way up till it freezes up or that rock will get tossed out.

Yeah, raised the shoes so they are fully extended. Still will probably scrap a bit off the top.

Hopefully this snow melts and I can do a couple passes with the grader blade or landscape rake and flatten it out a bit

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #4  
And shorten your top link. It all depends on your specific climate. Here, I run shoes down, top link short(picks the cutting edge up higher), and blow deep stuff until I get a good smoothed hard pack. Then I can lift shoes and adjust top link. Generally here once it freezes good, it doesn't thaw again till spring

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #5  
The gravel will pass right rough. Pretty cool when blowing at night because you'll see some sparks coming out of the shoot.

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #6  
The gravel will pass right rough. Pretty cool when blowing at night because you'll see some sparks coming out of the shoot.

But you have a heck of a mess come spring thaw with all that gravel in the yard. Jon

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #7  
That small gravel will likely settle into your grass and you won't see it to much. It would take larger rocks or a big chunk of ice to snap a shear pin. I still hate to blow gravel out of my drive.. setting it as high as you can until it freezes good is the right call.

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem. #8  
And shorten your top link. It all depends on your specific climate. Here, I run shoes down, top link short(picks the cutting edge up higher), and blow deep stuff until I get a good smoothed hard pack. Then I can lift shoes and adjust top link. Generally here once it freezes good, it doesn't thaw again till spring

I agree with this method: run the shoes all the way down and shorten the top link until you get a hard pack built up, if your climate permits.

/ Houston, pretty sure I have a problem.

This is what I'll be doing. Thanks