How a day turns around

tessiers

Platinum Member
Tractor
05' JD 790 - 53' Ford NAA - 70' Massey Fergusen 135 diesel - 67' John Deere 3020 deisel - 77' John Deere 2130 - 1950 John Deere MC
I put a lot of hours an an old 165 at a farm I worked on. I swear they are female, most tempermental thing I ever run, when it was good it was very good and when it was bad it was wicked. Did everything from skidding wood with a farmi, sickle for field edges, raking, tedding and feeding wrapped bales. It wouldn't lift the bales but the big tractor would drop them by the barn door and I would push them in with the massey, cause the big tractors wouldn't fit. Real nice all around tractor, and at a steal.

( isn't the gears what makes a tractor a tractor? Hydro is for mowing lawns! LOL)

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400
I put a lot of hours an an old 165 at a farm I worked on. I swear they are female, most tempermental thing I ever run, when it was good it was very good and when it was bad it was wicked. Did everything from skidding wood with a farmi, sickle for field edges, raking, tedding and feeding wrapped bales. It wouldn't lift the bales but the big tractor would drop them by the barn door and I would push them in with the massey, cause the big tractors wouldn't fit. Real nice all around tractor, and at a steal.

( isn't the gears what makes a tractor a tractor? Hydro is for mowing lawns! LOL)

hmmm... nah-- I won't start that religious argument!!!

J

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
Drove a 72 chev pickup for 2 weeks sans clutch just cause the weather was bad (no garage).

last year half way through a 750 mile drive home the clutch gave out on my 94 toyota. finished the trip (about 6hrs) on speed shifts and shutting it off at stoplights then starting it in gear.

OP
D7E

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Probably started in a higher gear (once towed out of the barn). Not much need to shift after that. Once home, throttle down and pull it into neutral.

Got many tractors home without clutches . If the battery is good enough it will start on the move and then just shift using the throttle . Pictures will follow soon don't worry .

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E35R, E10, Yanmar 226D
Congats on you new toy, i mean tractor. :thumbsup:

OP
D7E

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
I ain't believing nothing without pics. :laughing::laughing:

I'm not letting you lot scrutinize it till it's all back together and looking a bit more presentable lol.
The hood , Grille , and some other parts came with it in a pile and it's coated in about 3 inches of cow $#!t . I now see i have a small electrical fire to sort out under the dash too lol ....Thats what winters are for !

OP
D7E

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor

I would'nt intend to use it as a real tractor. If i can get it in reasonable shape for not too much money it will just be for playing around on log splitter/Finnishing mower..A yard tractor. If not it will be made to look nice and put on an auction , It will make more than i payed for it lol . I have a habit of bringing home things like this ?