How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread #711  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
Wow, it takes a lot of manpower and horsepower to run that plow. Too bad they couldn't drop the plows all the way. It looked like some were just skimming the ground.

The steam tractor was so cool but I had to cringe at the sight of some of those guys who didn’t have a clue as to having to engage those plow shares.

Just like in the real world. Get 25 employees and 10-15% are clueless

/ How agriculture works thread #713  

ptsg

Elite Member
Tractor
Branson F36Rn
Something a little different. A small tractor parade showing old relics.

/ How agriculture works thread #718  

Creamer

Elite Member
Tractor
1710 Ford, Versatile 150
We had an old G4 Combine - as shown in video - in our trees when I was growing up. Another farm we bought had one as well in their trees. My brother's father had one he used into the 1980's. Pretty solid machine but what a lot of work. My older brothers tell of riding on the combine and reaching down and helping the canvas in the header to move sometimes. The things that were done back then that were not the smartest.

/ How agriculture works thread
OP
ArlyA

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
We had an old G4 Combine - as shown in video - in our trees when I was growing up. Another farm we bought had one as well in their trees. My brother's father had one he used into the 1980's. Pretty solid machine but what a lot of work. My older brothers tell of riding on the combine and reaching down and helping the canvas in the header to move sometimes. The things that were done back then that were not the smartest.
Note how its one wheel was in the frame. Easier for flat repairing? :) I thought it looked like many of the machine operators could readily fall off.

/ How agriculture works thread #720  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
I thought it looked like many of the machine operators could readily fall off.

they probably did. but only once .....