How are the Fall colors where you live??

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
Here in upstate NY it's shaping up to be a relatively dull Autumn as far as color goes. Last year was fantastic but even though it's a bit early now, this year a lot of trees are already bare and the hardwoods in the mountains around here don't look like they're going to put on much of a show.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #2  
I'm just south of Stroudsburg,Pa and nothing changing much yet. Although to the north in the Pocono's it's getting a bit more colorful.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #3  
In south central PA, the maples have been shedding leaves for about three weeks. They didn't turn a nice yellow, they just sort of turn a soft brown and started to drop. Nothing else has changed except maybe some burning bushes [of which there are lots -- the deer don't like them].

In Maryland, the maples have started to do the same thing -- slight browning but no real color.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #4  
south west poconos.....getting a few yellows here but otherwise nothing much yet......ton of acorns dropping though much higher then normal......Jack

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #5  
Your acorns reminded me, the nuts in south central PA also are dropping at a high rate. We have a hickory on either side of the garage and they are constantly banging [loudly] on the metal roof -- much more frequently than I can remember. Walnuts and butternuts are also prolific.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #6  
yup....been beaned a couple of times when out walking the dogs....and when they hit the propane tank at night it scares the bejeebers out of you....lol.....Jack

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #7  
Dayton Ohio, walnuts are coming off but the leaves are two colors. Green and brown. I believe it is lack of rain for the last month. Corn and soybeans being harvested.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #8  
Yes, the tan, dead pine needles that fall this time of year. So the pine trees are green and speckled with patches of tan. Soon the entire 80 acres will be covered in tan pine needles.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #9  
Same story in west Michigan. A few trees are colorful but not like usual...probably due to the drought. Most go from green to brown to ground.

/ How are the Fall colors where you live?? #10  
The "fall colors" most of us think of are found here, occasionally, in very small patches. They are in valleys and low spots where water will accumulate. The trees will be alder, popular, aspen, birch, cottonwood and the like. It can present a most striking contrast in a sea of otherwise green and tan.