How did you program your truck instrument cluster?

/ How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Man technology,,,,its wild isn’t it? So many choices on this RAM cluster. I’m always towing so I went with Brake HP in the upper right and Brake force (%) in the upper left. Boost in lower left and good old Oil pressure in lower right. Like the center cluster, you can mind your tire pressure, brake force, fuel economy, etc. I have the heavy electric brake control setting for the 38K Kaufman. Got another trailer setting spot saved for incoming dump trailer, too.
Anyone else want to share their instrument cluster arrangement? I like seeing how other roll with trucks & towing (y)

Attachments

• 0900DA9F-B8DA-460C-AED2-C43BBFB2292B.jpeg
    0900DA9F-B8DA-460C-AED2-C43BBFB2292B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
   / How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #2  
That looks awfully busy at first. It would take me a while to figure it out. Good Luck. Jon

/ How did you program your truck instrument cluster?
It did take me a bit of getting used to. Now I really like it.

/ How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #4  
:whistle: So much for keeping it user friendly like yester years.

Its real easy!

/ How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #6  
My Taco Wagon ( 2018 Ram Power Wagon ) has the larger screen and everything they could jam on the dash & screen. First - I just played with it. Then - I stopped the truck and played with it. Driving off into a ditch - not my idea of off-roading. Now - I've studied the appropriate section of the Op Manual and can modify the display with ease and a tad of knowledge.

Thank goodness the Op manual is downloadable document. Yours is probably same size as mine - Hay Dude - 761 pages.

I don't tow trailers on the highway with the Power Wagon. So - I've not bothered with the electric brake control settings.

Have you played with your voice command search feature? Frivolous - but it's found the nearest gas station and found and called up a Pizza joint in an upcoming town. See what yours will say when you ask it to find the nearest house of ill repute. Mine says something like - "Sorry, but I'm not programed to provide services in these specific areas". Inquiring minds want to know - ha, ha, ha.

Last edited:
   / How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #7  
Here is how I have mine arranged.
Truck Dash Feb 27, 2021.jpg

LOL
hugs, Brandi

/ How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #8  
I don’t know if Ram has it, but with my XLT F150 you can name a trailer. I have only one and named it Car Trailer. I have more of an old fashioned gauge cluster but it gives miles on the trailer and shows the brake controller setting. I’m guessing the Ram cluster is a little more sophisticated than mine.

I don’t know if Ram has it, but with my XLT F150 you can name a trailer. I have only one and named it Car Trailer. I have more of an old fashioned gauge cluster but it gives miles on the trailer and shows the brake controller setting. I’m guessing the Ram cluster is a little more sophisticated than mine.

Yes, I believe you can. I did it a while back, so cant remember specifics. I have my flatbed gooseneck named flatbed trailer and incoming dump trailer named dump trailer, of course.
You can also do light electric, heavy electric and electric over hydraulic.

/ How did you program your truck instrument cluster? #10  
What I like about my Sierra Denali is that the screen has presets that are usage-specific. I have one arrangement that comes up automatically whenever a trailer is connected. It changes one of the gauges to show transmission temperature and another to show the trailer brake gain and modulation. And the various camera behaviors change too. Anytime I put on a turn signal it shows me a wide angle rear view looking down the side of the truck and trailer to show the inside of the turn. I used to scoff at the fancy stuff but they actually put it to good use for towing, and it feels like the truck is actually trying to help me tow safer/better.

I still want to buy the add-on cameras to go on the back of the trailer. The computer will tie that into all the cameras on the truck to give an unobstructed view. They call it "invisible trailer".