How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator?

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #1  

Rebeldad1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti Tractor, John Deere Mower,New Holland Mini Excavator
Doing clearing with a mini excavator requires a lot of chainsaw use as well.

Looking for a great way too carry it on the excavator.

usually I throw it in the bucket with the gas and oil. set everything on the ground when I am working.

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #2  
I would like to hear/see some ideas as well. I dont like the idea of my $400 saw bouncing around in the bucket.

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #3  
there's a hydraulic model that gets mounted to the FEL, I saw this somewhere..

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #4  
Doing clearing with a mini excavator requires a lot of chainsaw use as well.

Looking for a great way too carry it on the excavator.

usually I throw it in the bucket with the gas and oil. set everything on the ground when I am working.

That's what I do. I am thinking about doing something with the counterweight, , like drilling a few holes and mounting some brackets, but it is just as easy to put it in the bucket.

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #5  
I wouldnt put it any where i cant see it. Its to easy to forget its there and swing to close to a tree.

Mabe a ROPS clamp and wood skabard.

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #6  
Great thread, looking forward to the responses. I also just throw my saw, fuel, tools, etc. in the bucket and there have been a few times that I’ve forgotten they were in there.

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #7  
ROPS scabbard will work. I normally just sit the saw on the platform behind my feet with a plastic guard on the bar. Works decent and I don't worry about running it over that way.

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #8  
I would like to hear/see some ideas as well. I dont like the idea of my $400 saw bouncing around in the bucket.

Holy cow! $400?! I think between saw,bar and chain my setup is almost triple that! My saw only rides in the cab with me on my tractor. Probably because of the price tag. lol

/ How do you carry a chainsaw on your mini excavator? #9  
I wouldnt put it any where i cant see it. Its to easy to forget its there and swing to close to a tree.

Mabe a ROPS clamp and wood skabard.

Good thought, but I have a cab on the mini ex and the tractor. While it is nice ot have protection from the elements and heat and ac, it really limits me on being able to add things, like tool boxes, etc.