How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors?

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #1  

Reddogs

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 / Kubota L3301
I went to check a part and found out that for the FEL LA525 there are different parts for the pivot pins depending on location. That seems a bit much as all the pivot points are basically the same but the upper bucket pivot pin has a grove in the middle while the other pins appear either not have it or missing the grease hole, none of the manuals give a explanation on this or identify the pin by number. The one I found online was infected with a virus, so cant even put that link. Why dont the manuals put a part number list or at least give you a mfg online site to find them?

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #2  
Because it would make the book huge, probably too much for most users to understand. You can buy a parts manual which breaks down most tractors, some catch the FEL in that but can't say I've ever seen one specific to a FEL although I'm sure they exist. Most folks will use Messick's site to search for part numbers, theirs is available free if you have an account.

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #3  
I went to check a part and found out that for the FEL LA525 there are different parts for the pivot pins depending on location. That seems a bit much as all the pivot points are basically the same but the upper bucket pivot pin has a grove in the middle while the other pins appear either not have it or missing the grease hole, none of the manuals give a explanation on this or identify the pin by number. The one I found online was infected with a virus, so cant even put that link. Why dont the manuals put a part number list or at least give you a mfg online site to find them?
Try Messick's website. They have parts diagrams. Just type in the search bar the the loader model and it should come up. I will post a link which will hopefully work.

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #4  
Pins with groove also have the grease fitting in them. The groove helps distribute the grease. The other pins that don't have the grooves have the fitting in the cylinder boss and use it to distribute the grease.

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors?
Pins with groove also have the grease fitting in them. The groove helps distribute the grease. The other pins that don't have the grooves have the fitting in the cylinder boss and use it to distribute the grease.
Yes, this one has a nice groove, but yet I can see wear points, I think I greased a little late on this one...

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #6  
Try Messick's website. They have parts diagrams. Just type in the search bar the the loader model and it should come up. I will post a link which will hopefully work.
I can vouch for Messick's having fantastic diagrams for anything ive ever searched as well as a great price and fast shipping. I think I needed to make an account to view diagrams though. not totally sure.

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #7  
Interesting. I never thought about it. I bought my tractor, a TYM T233, used with fifteen years, but only 500-hours on it. And the guy I bought it from had a full set of factory documentation, (users manuals, service manuals, and the parts manual with exploded views of everything), plus a service record for the FEL, and tractor.

And, I went to the TYM site and downloaded the parts manual for the current T25 tractor in my size range. I was happy to see that all the transmission and front axle part numbers are the same. Which means I can source parts really easily, for at least another five or six years.

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #8  
IF your tractor is a AGCO build/product....You start here...

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors? #9  
You can also look up parts on the Kubota USA website.

Many of the tractor manufacturers have parts lookup on their websites.

/ How do you find the correct part numbers for tractors?
You can also look up parts on the Kubota USA website.

Many of the tractor manufacturers have parts lookup on their websites.
Yes, but it has no numbers, just a diagram, so very little to go on..