How do you get rid of Moles?

/ How do you get rid of Moles? #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
I do know getting rid of the grubs and worms will make them eventually leave. But what about ridding them now before they do too much damage to the lawn. Any ideas?

/ How do you get rid of Moles? #2  
I would like to know as well. Digging their tunnels up with an excavator worked for me a few weeks ago but im sure they are working on a new area. Those home depot electronic things only work for a small radius and they will only relocate. Shotguns wont work either unless you want to sit there all day and try to find them all. Im all ears and out of options

/ How do you get rid of Moles? #3  
Someone on here a couple of months ago said that rat traps with peanut butter as bait with a big bucket over it all would work.
I was doubtful but being desperate and having tried a lot of other solutions with limited success thought I would give it a try.
Was amazed how well it worked. Got more success in two weeks than I had had in the past two years. Opened the mounds so that a hole to the tunnel was open put the trap near the hole and covered with the bucket. Did not really believe it would work but it really worked well.

/ How do you get rid of Moles? #4  
I used to use traps like these
victor-mole-trap-70086.jpg
right up till about 3 weeks ago.

After many 'un-trips', I change to this style.

IMG_0324_WITH_LETTERS.JPG

Maybe it was just luck, but got that SOB in 4 days after the change.

Last edited:
   / How do you get rid of Moles? #5  
Someone on here a couple of months ago said that rat traps with peanut butter as bait with a big bucket over it all would work.
I was doubtful but being desperate and having tried a lot of other solutions with limited success thought I would give it a try.
Was amazed how well it worked. Got more success in two weeks than I had had in the past two years. Opened the mounds so that a hole to the tunnel was open put the trap near the hole and covered with the bucket. Did not really believe it would work but it really worked well.

I assume this bucket would prevent your cats or dogs from sticking their tongue in the trap? I just wouldnt trust it with my nosey dogs. The kick stuff over all the time if they smeel something good hahah

/ How do you get rid of Moles?
Willl said:
I used to use traps like these,

Where did you get these and how did you use the?

/ How do you get rid of Moles? #7  
I have used moth balls in their tunnels with success, mostly in the flower beds.It is more of a deterent

/ How do you get rid of Moles?
Willl said:
I used to use traps like these,

Well Just bought 12 of those suckers on eBay. Those little rascals tore my back yard up pretty bad. I just now started seeing them again. Well it's war this time. :D

I bought the 12 DK 1 model. Crossing my finger and hope they work.