How do you keep birds out of your sheds?

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #1  

jrsavoie

Gold Member
Tractor
1975 Ford backhoe/loader 3 cylinder diesel, 2022 Kubota LX2610, 1963 John Deere 4010 diesel wide front, 1996 Toro 223D Groundsmaster, 1998 Toro Groundsmaster 325D 4x4 72" deck cab & snowblower
I've been a little under the weather for a long time.

Bird control has gotten away from me.

We have a bunch of sparrows in the tool shed.

I have not figured out where they're getting in at.

They pooped on the plastic owls - and everything else.

We leave a radio play 24/7. They like that too. Maybe I should set it to NPR instead of classic country

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #3  
I had some success using old CD's. Drill a hole at the periphery, and tie a string. Hang them about a foot down from the ceiling, so they will spin in moving air. The moving beams of reflected light seem to annoy the birds. That worked better for me than plastic owls, and is extremely low cost.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds?
I had some success using old CD's. Drill a hole at the periphery, and tie a string. Hang them about a foot down from the ceiling, so they will spin in moving air. The moving beams of reflected light seem to annoy the birds. That worked better for me than plastic owls, and is extremely low cost.
Dang we gave all of our CDs away or threw them out.

Used to be, we were always getting CD's in the mail or from sales people.

As much stuff as I save / hoard, I could have saved a few of those.

I don't suppose old VHS tapes would work the same.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #5  
I have open car ports, my shop and a totally closed shed. Late fall it's flies in the closed shed that are a bugger. Shop vacuum almost every day. But no birds.

The shop must be pretty tight because I VERY SELDOM find any birds there.

All sorts of birds - sparrows, flickers, doves, quail - even owls, at night - find the car port bays handy. Most anything will work - for a while. If it going to be a problem/concern - I take a wet shop rag out with me and wipe off any/all bird poop.

Rather than the radio - maybe some type of "sonic expeller" might help. Lord knows - there are sure enough of those being advertised.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #6  
I have open car ports, my shop and a totally closed shed. Late fall it's flies in the closed shed that are a bugger. Shop vacuum almost every day. But no birds.

The shop must be pretty tight because I VERY SELDOM find any birds there.

All sorts of birds - sparrows, flickers, doves, quail - even owls, at night - find the car port bays handy. Most anything will work - for a while. If it going to be a problem/concern - I take a wet shop rag out with me and wipe off any/all bird poop.

Rather than the radio - maybe some type of "sonic expeller" might help. Lord knows - there are sure enough of those being advertised.
Plastic sandwich bag half filled with water hanging near doorways will keep the flies out. The sun and/or light reflection on the bag turns 'em around. Might work for birds too.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #7  
I've been a little under the weather for a long time.

Bird control has gotten away from me.

We have a bunch of sparrows in the tool shed.

I have not figured out where they're getting in at.

They pooped on the plastic owls - and everything else.

We leave a radio play 24/7. They like that too. Maybe I should set it to NPR instead of classic country
If you can't figure out where they're getting in, try putting some very bright lights in the shed and close up all the doors/windows, etc. Then go outside at night and see where the light is leaking through.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #8  
If you cant find any cd's to hang you can spiral cut some aluminum cans those keep birds away too. careful though the edges can be sharp. Doves were constantly trying to nest on my back patio, the cans keep them away.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #9  
   / How do you keep birds out of your sheds?