How do you tilt mower deck up on Kubota F-series?

/ How do you tilt mower deck up on Kubota F-series? #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
I'm going to look at a pre-owned Kubota F-series mower. In doing my research, I couldn't find anything on how to tilt up the deck for blade changes and cleaning the underside of the deck.

Can someone explain it to me?

I've got a Grasshopper front-mount now with the PowerFold deck, and it couldn't be easier. I'm just wondering how the Kubota compares on that aspect of the machine.

/ How do you tilt mower deck up on Kubota F-series?
Ok, thanks very much for that link. Not as easy or quick as the Grasshopper, but not a big deal either.

/ How do you tilt mower deck up on Kubota F-series? #4  
The TORO doesn't have a flip up deck, so I put the car ramps behind the front tires and back up. :thumbsup:

P6220005.JPG
P6220003.JPG

/ How do you tilt mower deck up on Kubota F-series? #5  
The TORO doesn't have a flip up deck, so I put the car ramps behind the front tires and back up. :thumbsup:

Pretty good, I will try this on my older Grasshopper witch does not have a deck flip or lift either!

/ How do you tilt mower deck up on Kubota F-series? #6  
The way that Neal shows the deck flip in the video is not how the manual suggests doing it. Neal's way, to me, looks like you could hurt your back easier than the way the manual shows you. The manual suggests standing on the left side, by the seat (facing forward, as if sitting on the tractor) and putting your foot on the step pad on the deck, and pulling with your hands. This way essentially allows you to use most of the energy required by pushing with your leg, instead of lifting with your back.

I have found that the deck will sometimes rub the ground, so I've made it a habit to drive onto some wooden ramps I made, which keeps everything about 4" off the ground. Made things easier.

My previous mower was a Grasshopper with the power fold deck....I really do miss that option....