How far and high can I throw snow?

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #1  

DaveinValdez

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
I am just plain running out of room to put snow. We've had about 250" so far, still about 80" below our normal. I am stacking it everywhere. I have Kubota B2601 with 24-26 h.p. and am thinking of a 3-point rear mounted blower. 50" probably.

There are times that the blower will be useless with our snow. Half the time it is wet mashed potatoes. You go to pick it up with the bucket and it falls out. Or, you go to stack it and it just rolls back down. I can only stack about 6-7' high. At times with the 54" bucket it is so heavy the hydraulics can't pick it up.

But for the times I can blow the snow my questions are: 1. How high might I expect to blow the snow and pile it up? 2. How far can I expect to blow it, distance wise?

Thanks guys. Time for some Tylenol. Five hours of pushing and stacking today.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #2  
With a decent blower, and full engine speed, expect to throw snow 15-20 feet up, and 30-40 feet away at best. Slush will not go as far. If you've blown slush, may sure to run the blower dry, shut off the engine, then clean out the blower, so it does not freeze up for next time.

I used to make fun piles for the kids by approaching the pile, and reducing throttle as I neared, so the stream always ended in the same spot. A four foot high pile from a single pass was possible. More passes, higher pile.

/ How far and high can I throw snow?
Main drive is 100 yards by 25' wide. But the area I push into is about 300' x 100'. Then a little parking area about 30' x 30'. I don't need that much plowed area, but I have lost about 50% of the push area stacking snow so far.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #4  
Maybe 20-30 feet and perhaps 15' high?
Your Ocean-effect snow seems similar to Sierra Cement in California-think Donner party.
Before we had a blower and a plow truck,we would run out of room & had a big front end loader move the banks back.
Good option at the time,and may be for you as well.

Good Luck!

/ How far and high can I throw snow?
Jims1025 that sounds good for the optimal blowing stuff. If I push everything back and then back into it, I might be able to go higher with the snow stacking.

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #9  
Alaska is great, I've been a few times, even in winter!

An advantage of a 3 point blower is that if you need to move a pile, you can blow off the top at the high lift setting first, then take a second, and maybe third run at it. A hydrostatic transmission makes all the difference, as you can just crawl into it. Just avoid ice chunks embedded in the bank. You can blow slush, it's not great, but works. Just clean the blower out before it freezes in there!

/ How far and high can I throw snow? #10  
With your snow fall totals you should look at the Rammy 155 single stage snow throwers.

Here is a video link for you.

https://rammy.fi/enrammy-snowblower-155/utv

All that would be needed is a SSQA adapter plate or
having a welder fabricate a mounting plate for your loader.

The rammy 155 also weighs less than the MK martin single stage units they offer.

Attachments

• EN-Rammy-catalog-2021 (1).pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 186