How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
Last week it was in the teens here and got a bit of snow but the last couple of days the temps have been in the 60's. We have had our share of cloudy conditions like for a week or more at a time not seeing the sun but for some reason not very much rain out of it. We should be in dead of winter now and experiencing mid to high 20's and 30's in temps. This is really a weird weather we are having in the South.
How does this stack up to others across the country. I see the weather channel showing lots of snow and low temps in the far north which may or may not be the norm for you guys. How about it for the World's TBN members, are you normal? (as far as weather, I already know some of you aren't really normal)

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #2  
We are the Far North East,right on the Canadian border.It has been a strange winter for sure.We saw temps from -18F to +50F the last month.We get a little snow and then rain which makes for real icy
conditions.60 miles South of us in the snow belt they are around 120 inches so far.I have only plowed once and that was to help a neighbor out.Winds are blowing today with gust up to 50mph;lots of schools on delay because of loss of power and limbs/trees down.
Last February we averaged +2F for the whole month so winter is far from over.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #3  
this has been a more normal year in the Western PA area. Last year I only plowed twice and the one time was because I wanted to. 2 or 3 years ago we had a week in the subzero range and that was extremely cold for my area. Usually teens to 20s is pretty normal with some days hitting upper 30s. I figure its just weather/climate. Its going to do what it does and it doesn't matter if we like it or not. :D

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #4  
Here in Southern Illinois, it seems to be a fairly "normal" winter for us. We've had some warm days (60s yesterday and today), but they don't last. We've also had some cold snaps, and a little snow. I can recall lots of winters like this. One year in the early '90s we had a day in January that was sunny and in the mid-80s. I was out riding around town on my motorcycle wearing a short sleeve shirt, and got a sunburn. The rest of the week was in the 20s, and that sunburn was quite displeased with the long sleeve shirts.

Really, the only thing abnormal about winters here is when we occasionally get a heavy dump of snow all at once. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen (winter of '82 comes to mind). Other than that, we've always had a wide variety of weather around here, at least during my 50 years.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #5  
Nothing too unusual except the cold temps are a little early, but fortunately they haven't remained very long. We haven't broken any records, or had anything extreme happen yet. I'm guessing by the time Spring gets here, it will be a colder then average winter, but nothing too remarkable.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #6  
It seems we are getting back to normal this year.The last few years were rather warm winters. However, the swings in temps are strange this winter. High 30's yesterday, 2 below zero this morning.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #7  
Southcentral Alaska here. Winters have been off for several years. Normally where I'm at we get 4 or 5 feet of snow and -20 °F temperatures. So far I'd guess we've gotten 6 inches of snow and haven't gone colder than -5°F.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #8  
Monday night -2F.

Tuesday 8 hours after the -2F, daytime temps were near 50F

Tues night, all night, near 40, right now it's 50.

Weird.

Last year we were in the middle of more normal teens/twenties at this time, with night time temps near -10F.

We had about a foot of snow over the past weekend. It's the second snowfall of the season after about 2 inches a few days before.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions
Last year seemed to be a more normal winter here as well. I am not complaining about this winter at all just that it seems that we are having above normal temps most of the time more like Florida than Arkansas.
I was down in Houston last week and they had 20F temps that killed all the outdoor tropical plants folks had growing for years. Not normal for them either although it seems to happen about once every 10 years.

/ How is your local weather this year compared to "normal" conditions #10  
All I can say, it's a royal pain as there is always some kind of "EVENT" happening or days away in the forecast. High temps, low temps, high wind, lots of snow, no snow, lots of rain, no rain! CRAZY!

There simply isn't any "normal" anymore.