How long did your original battery last??

/ How long did your original battery last?? #1  

IslandTractor

Super Star Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH
I am wondering how long I can expect my battery to last. Mine is going into it's 7th year and last time I started it (Nov) it was just fine. I leave a trickle charger on over the winter.

Has anyone had to change their battery yet?

/ How long did your original battery last?? #2  
My original lasted 11 years.

/ How long did your original battery last?? #3  
The original batteries in my F250 lasted 12 years.

/ How long did your original battery last??
Wow, 11 and 12 years. I'm impressed. I figured after 5 years I was on borrowed time considering that is about when car batteries give up.

/ How long did your original battery last?? #5  
The last battery in my truck lasted 10 years.
My wifes car is a 2005, still running the original battery.
And as said above, the original battery in my DK 35 lasted 11 years.

/ How long did your original battery last?? #6  
Depends on how "rough" you are with the tractor. My current 07 DK45 I believe has the original Interstate battery. My old 25 hp Satoh that had epic battles with boulders and stumps anywhere from 2 to 5 years depending on the "G-Forces" the battery received. As far as modern cars and trucks go, electronic ignition starts easy. My 06 truck starts every time with original battery. Leave lights on for 15-20 minutes, have to jump.

/ How long did your original battery last?? #8  
I'll bet the trickle charger makes a big difference. I charge my batteries with a regular charger every fall and have nearly 10 years on a tractor battery and had 9 on a truck before I decided to change it.

/ How long did your original battery last?? #9  
B7100HST I had battery lasted 12 years of 15 years,L2800HST still going strong 4th years.

/ How long did your original battery last?? #10  
My 2009 B26 still going with original battery. That is the oldest tractor I have. I got over 6 years with my OEM Chevy truck battery despite running it completely down 3 times, once to the point that the dash lights wouldn't even burn. It was still cranking when I bought the new battery but it was turning slow and winter was coming on so I knew its life time was about gone.