How long does your truck last ?

/ How long does your truck last ? #61  
My 2016 V10 is 7.5-7.6 mpg... I don't think it would see 10 mpg even if it was being towed on the back of a ramp truck.
I have the Ford V10 in my 1999 26,000# Class A motorhome and it will get 10 MPG on semi-flat ground (I can sometimes find a flat area in Ark.) Even on a trip thru the mountains to the east coast I could still get around 7 MPG and that is with a 3 speed automatic.

/ How long does your truck last ? #62  
My 2500hd has over 196xxx miles on it!. With the price of a new or a few yrs.old truck I will just replace the engine when it goes.
I will keep the cars I have forever I think. I cant see it costing that much if I had to replace the engine and transmission. So far my 2003 Olds Bravada only has 108K and no mechanical issues at all. My 2007 Chevy Silverado only has 50K so it will likely last me the rest of my driving life. I can always fall back to the 2013 Honda CRV with 10K on it if the other 2 fail. I bought it as a retirement car for the wife, but she still prefers driving her 13 year old Bravada.

/ How long does your truck last ? #63  
My new car 2002 model year just passed emissions with flying colors... so $65 for test and $158 for DMV renewal and I'm good for another year...

The irony is if I were to move out of the Bay Area I wouldn't even need scheduled testing... even in California...

The Bay Area tests 1976 and newer.

/ How long does your truck last ? #64  
Just met a guy with a 95 Tacoma....314,000 miles. Still used daily. Just normal maintain, he said.

/ How long does your truck last ? #65  
My new car 2002 model year just passed emissions with flying colors... so $65 for test and $158 for DMV renewal and I'm good for another year...

The irony is if I were to move out of the Bay Area I wouldn't even need scheduled testing... even in California...

The Bay Area tests 1976 and newer.
Man you guys that live in kalifonia are getting screwed!! Emission are free in Wis. I don't need them where I live just the citys.

/ How long does your truck last ? #66  
Back in March I traded off my 2006 Ford Ranger XLT 2D Supercab 4x4. It had 223,xxx miles on it. Paid $19,500 for it and got $6k out of it. I changed brakes, rotors, drums, alternator, battery, thermostat, thermostat housing, water pump, clutch hydraulics, tires, oil, and windshield wipers; all as needed... It had zero visible body rust, but there was a little bit just starting to show under the doors and tailgate at the seams.

My new truck, a 2015 F150 Lariat, I've been averaging almost 1000 miles per week.

WP_20160630_14_46_19_Pro.jpg

/ How long does your truck last ? #67  
My 1993 Chev Silverado just lost it's transmission ,479xxx km. I expect I am the 4th owner .Doesn't use hardly any oil nice interior but no body parts without damage . Have a used transmission lined up.

/ How long does your truck last ? #68  
My 97 F250 4x4 super cab diesel has 397+ and still going.
Have had several that I drove to 300k+ before I gave them to my kids.

When I was working, I drove for a living.
Normal maint & keep driving them, the worst thing you can do is let a vehicle set.