How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's

Just curious. My TN75D is almost naked on the hood. Anybody have New Holland step up to the plate and repaint?

Andy

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #2  
NH has been pretty good about this well documented problem. Check with your dealer. I think my employer and your selling dealer have the same ASM (NH service rep). Depending on the age of your tractor, there may be some help to be had.

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #3  
Most of my paint is gone on the fenders and some missing on the hood. My 1950 8n has better paint than my 2002 TN75. I'm not the original owner so I'm guessing a paint job would be on me. I just did a little test with some spray paint that I got from NH and the match was good other than the areas that have faded. I've been thinking of taking all the painted area's off and letting a paint shop do it correctly. I'm not sure what the cost would be so I may rethink my plans once I get a quote.

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #4  
I've been thinking of taking all the painted area's off and letting a paint shop do it correctly. I'm not sure what the cost would be so I may rethink my plans once I get a quote.

If you clean and strip the paint it would save a considerable amount-maybe remove any smaller dents. I would use some sort of paint stripper. The metal on these parts is kinda thin and the metal is soft and you don't want the shop to do any more bloack sanding than necessary due to the metal being gouged or wavy from heat

Being a one stage paint should also lessen the cost.

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #5  
No peeling -- but I have a bottom exhaust. 98 TN55s.

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #6  
No peeling -- but I have a bottom exhaust. 98 TN55s.

It's not a heat related issue, as it happens in front of the radiator as much as above the engine. It seems to be a metal prep problem. CIH had a similar issue with their Doncaster-built utility tractors years ago. At any rate, your muffler is still under the hood if you have an OEM exhaust.

/ How many of us have paint peeling, coming off in sheets on out TN's #7  
On the repaint note, does anyone have the paint codes for New Holland tractors? I would like to have them so that I can use automotive paints for touching up. :)