How many of your friends do NOT have tractors?

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #41  

Oaktree

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs
Probably a 650, as I recall the 750 being a hair over 20 hp. The 750 I used was a very capable machine for it's age (late 1970's) and size, there was a lot I really liked about it, but the steering absolutely killed me doing loader work.
My first tractor was a 750. Good machine overall, FEL hydraulics were a little weak, and it always felt tippy on uneven ground. Traded it in on the Kioti maybe 12 years ago.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #42  

East30

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 / RTV-X1100C
Most do not. I live in the city and spend the weekends "up north". None of the city slickers have them, but a few of my northern neighbors do. I help people up there with my tractor whenever they ask and can find the time. Weekends are pretty short. Those jobs usually turn into a bottle of bourbon somewhere down the road, which is a very fair trade for me.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #43  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
lots of friends, not a lot of tractors
they have nicer cars, boats, trailers, sleds, ... i have a Kubota :)

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #44  

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
None of mine have tractors. A couple like to borrow my BX though.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #45  

Yander

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar SA425
lots of friends, not a lot of tractors
they have nicer cars, boats, trailers, sleds, ... i have a Kubota :)

Same, most of my friends have nice cars, campers, kitchens, houses etc., none have a tractor. I have very modest all of those, my wife has a 2019 Nissan Rogue so it is pretty nice. I put my money in my tractors. I have 2 of my own, access to 2 others, my MIL (Lives next door) owns 2 but doesn't even know how to operate one.

I have one neighbor that has one but he pretty much takes care of himself. I do my MILs, my 90 year old neighbor, my two younger neighbors who have nothing, not even a blower or an ATV, both long driveways. I enjoy it, use the MILs Cab Massey.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #46  

Cycledude

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
Never really thought about it before but Seems like most everyone around my neighborhood owns one or more tractors.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #47  

Yander

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar SA425
Do you guys ever think, how doesn't everyone with acreage not own a tractor? I understand why, I couldn't afford one for years starting out. But man, the people who can afford them and don't own one is staggering. I guess it comes down to priority.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #48  

ning

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
Do you guys ever think, how doesn't everyone with acreage not own a tractor? I understand why, I couldn't afford one for years starting out. But man, the people who can afford them and don't own one is staggering. I guess it comes down to priority.
I knew I wanted one for ages, but I "couldn't afford one".

In retrospect, I should've gotten one ASAP when moving here as I'm still getting caught up on stuff now that I *do* have a tractor. I tell new land owners this whenever I can, and everyone so far has been appreciative.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors?
OP
J

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Never mind the tractor; I wish that I had bought my land about 2 decades sooner. I thought I couldn't afford it. Never mind what I shelled out for rent; there are always things to do here, whereas before I would just run around blowing money in my free time.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #50  

Yander

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar SA425
I knew I wanted one for ages, but I "couldn't afford one".

In retrospect, I should've gotten one ASAP when moving here as I'm still getting caught up on stuff now that I *do* have a tractor. I tell new land owners this whenever I can, and everyone so far has been appreciative.

Yes, good advice. I have owned larger lots than I do now with no tractor. You never really feel like you own that whole 6 acres of land if you can't do anything with it because you don't have a tractor.