How much can raccoons eat?

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
We already have damn raccoons. We don't need damn raccoon dams!

:)

Bruce

cholland

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 Kioti CK3510SE HST
I had a similar problem with skunks. Plus they would manage to dump out the hanging waterer every night. They weren't eating quite that much of the feed though.
Electric fence. Haven't had predator problems since. If already fenced a single electric wire around the outside bottom of a pen seems to work well. And provides the option of using electric netting for temporary yard extensions as wanted.

OP
S

strantor

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H
We already have damn raccoons. We don't need damn raccoon dams!

:)

Bruce
LOL good one, reminds me of that scene form Vacation.

I'm pretty sure they could make sweet tree houses if they had any interest. And loincloths. I see them as the worthless delinquent siblings of these guys:

Screenshot_20210405-183449_Google.jpg

So much wasted potential...

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
In my 40+ years out here - I've NEVER been able to come to terms with the raccoons. They will not accept the concept of moderation. To this day I've only dispatched two of them. But - I no longer burn my garbage, feed any animals outside nor have any type of fruit orchard or garden.

I find it totally useless to attempt to curb their activities. They are of a single mind and it's not about to be altered. In this case I've given way to Mother Natures animals.

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
years ago ....... wife and i camping. 2 unfriendly young girls camping next site over.

they went for a hike or something and a raccoon came and ate 90% of a big birthday cake they left out.

we watched.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I understand and can completely appreciate your response - Frankenkubota. For all you knew - the girls might have left the birthday cake out for the raccoons. And,,, determined 'coons can be a mean adversary.

groundcover

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240
Used to have a chicken coop that was line of sight from the bedroom. Had a motion sensor on the coop. It sounded at 2am. Lit off the .223 ranch rifle, he was DRT and an oven stuffer but ears rang till morning! Misses frowned on that tactic from then on !

Slowpoke Slim

Elite Member
Tractor
Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH
Misses frowned on that tactic from then on !

Yeah, I ripped a round off out the kitchen door "once" without warning Mrs. Slim first.

Lol. That brought me a lecture.

:LOL:

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
I don't know how much they can eat but I can sure tell ya how much of what they ate they leave behind. BIG! :poop: