How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor.

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
So how much does it cost to run a tractor per hour? I know it depends on how you run it, what you are doing and the horse power of the machine and for that matter the brand of the machine. I was hoping to narrow it down a bit. Does anybody keep close track of the cost. I am hoping for discussion on tire replacement, fuel milage, maintenance repair.

As for me I have a kubota l4740. When working it hard it runs for about $8.00 or 6 litres per hour. Then if I add up the fluids for maintenance I can tack on another $3.00/hour. As for tires I am not sure but it looks like I am going to get about 2500 hours out of them so about another $1.30 per hour. I hear you have to replace to hydro drive after about 3000 hour so that is another expected cost of $3000 so that is about another $1.00 per hour. In total $13.30 per hour.

Anybody have anything to add or elaborate on this?

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #2  
Oil, filters, hydraulic oil, filters, air filters, parts, repairs, depreciation.. I'm sure there's more

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #3  
So how much does it cost to run a tractor per hour? I know it depends on how you run it, what you are doing and the horse power of the machine and for that matter the brand of the machine. I was hoping to narrow it down a bit. Does anybody keep close track of the cost? In total $13.30 per hour.

Anybody have anything to add or elaborate on this?

I'm paying around $589.00 per hour. When you get a tractor you need a pole barn and a poured concrete floor. And a trailer. And a new truck to pull the trailer. Plus all the attachments I wouldn't have to buy if I didn't own a tractor. Plus all the time I waste on here when I could be working making money. It's very, very expensive and I really don't want to figure it out because it's probably higher than I think.

Happy New Year!

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #4  
Blueriver and deerhead hits the nail on the head , way to much money but worth every penny if that makes sense . I've had tractors for over 25 years and can honestly say I would have a tough time being without one . Being retired for the past 15 years now I use a tractor almost every day in the summer for something and in the winter for snow removal .

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #5  
My Skidsteer costs run about 20.00 per hour in maintence. That does not account for depreciation of the equipment.

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #6  
Longevity of ownership has to be determined first. That will allow you to estimate depreciation, which will put all your figures to shame if you are an average owner.

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #7  
I have never heard of having to replace the hyro-drive(HST)at 3,000hrs.If do your fluid/filter changes with Kubota products they should last a lot longer than that.
Fuel use;working hard 1.25gal./hr @$3.85 gal.,fluid change-outs(about every two years for me) maybe $400.00.Tires,not going to worry for quite a while on them(fronts are a little wore from the roads).
I bought it to use so I am not concerned with these cost.I sure have got a lot of work done with my tractor.Just plowing my drive in the winter is worth $1,000/year.

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor.
I'm paying around $589.00 per hour. When you get a tractor you need a pole barn and a poured concrete floor. And a trailer. And a new truck to pull the trailer. Plus all the attachments I wouldn't have to buy if I didn't own a tractor. Plus all the time I waste on here when I could be working making money. It's very, very expensive and I really don't want to figure it out because it's probably higher than I think.

Happy New Year!
Ya but think of all the fun you are having. lol

/ How much does it cost per hour to run a tractor. #10  
Deerherd, Love that comment. I've just started down that road with a Kioti RX6620, disc's, scrapper ( need more attachments) and now looking at a 40' X 60' Barn. All I need is more time and money. Mostly money!!