How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today?

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #1  

airbiscuit

Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
I'm having a hard time keeping up with new and used prices. I bought all my tractors used, and they are currently selling for 20% - 25% more than I paid for them. I did look for bargains, but still, the marketplace is on fire these days. What is your experience?

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #2  
This is all going to come to a screeching halt when the Fed cuts off the spigot on cheap mortgages.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #3  
I just left the build my Kubota page, mine is $61,949 now I believe I pad around $57K for it last year.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #4  
I ordered mine last year at the beginning of April, took delivery in the beginning of August of last year. August is when the price jump hit, salesman later told me that if I had waited, it would have cost me 4K more.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #5  
I bought my new 2021 L2501 last year, so I think the 2022 model is 4-8% more this year depending on incentives/discounts.

Mike

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #6  
   / How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #7  
My TYM T474 HST Cab was a leftover 2019 I bough in June of 2020 (early covid stages) and I got $5k off of it (Unheard of today). I paid $27800 + $1k for 3rd function kit installed, now they seems to go for no less than $33-34k.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #8  
I ordered my Massey Ferguson 4707 4x4 cabbed tractor back in November for $55,000 with 0% interest for 84 months. List prices at that time was $64,000 I checked with everyone on here and I was able to use an invoice from June that had the same price that I'm paying.

Since then, I've seen people buy the same tractor for $4,000 or more, with higher interest and fewer months to pay.

I talked to my dealer last week and he's expecting it to be here in May, but there is no guarantee. Since I'm locked in at my price, and financing, all I can do is wait while prices continue to rise.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #9  
I ordered my Massey Ferguson 4707 4x4 cabbed tractor back in November for $55,000 with 0% interest for 84 months. List prices at that time was $64,000 I checked with everyone on here and I was able to use an invoice from June that had the same price that I'm paying.

Since then, I've seen people buy the same tractor for $4,000 or more, with higher interest and fewer months to pay.

I talked to my dealer last week and he's expecting it to be here in May, but there is no guarantee. Since I'm locked in at my price, and financing, all I can do is wait while prices continue to rise.

I bought a set of pallet forks from Nick last month. First time dealing with him. I had mentioned that a guy on TBN had said he bought a 4707 from you and was waiting for it. I think he said he had 6 or 7 on order for folks and that deliveries were tough right now. He does seem to be doing lots of business on the stuff he can get.

/ How much more would it cost you to buy your tractor(s) today? #10  
This is all going to come to a screeching halt when the Fed cuts off the spigot on cheap mortgages.

Something has got to change, and will. Right now the borrowing vs investing rates seem upsidedown.

On the other hand, used but rebuildable equipment has never been less expensive. A guy wanting to go into the construction business can spend a year rebuilding construction equipment that he can pick up for a song.... and then go into business with less overhead than ever before. So the opportunities are there as well.

Last edited: