How strong is your trailer hitch?

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #1  

BHarrison

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota ZD21
...makes me want to double check the grade of bolts holding my hitch together.

Attachments

• 35-119893-Inner-Peace.jpg
    35-119893-Inner-Peace.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 325
   / How strong is your trailer hitch? #2  
YIKES! I can't imagine what would be going through my mind as I waited there. Truly amazing. Do you know how it ended up?

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #3  
I have no clue what would go through my mind, but I know what would go through my drawers!

I am very surprised that the ball hitch mechanism on the trailer could handle it.

That is having a bad day.

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #4  
Wow !!! I'll bet that fiasco created some soiled shorts for the trucks occupants.
I think I will go check the bolts on my trailer hitch.

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #5  
It would be my luck to be in the cab of that truck and hear some greenhorn yell "Hey buddy, would it help if I lift this little lever on top of the trailer hitch for ya?"

What amazes me most of all was that that the trailer frame didn't break. Incredible. If he ever decides to tow again, I'll bet he sticks with the brands he's got...

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #6  
<font color=blue>If he ever decides to tow again, I'll bet he sticks with the brands he's got...</font color=blue>

Right on with that one. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #7  
I've seen a similar photo with a semi-trailer holding the tractor on a bridge. I would not have guessed that a ball hitch would hold like that. Good to know but I don't think I'll test mine anytime soon /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #8  
<font color=blue>If he ever decides to tow again</font color=blue>

A big "if", but if he does, I bet he stays away from cliffside roads for a while.

What an experience.
frown.gif

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #9  
AND the safety chains. Maybe the hitch didn't hold, and all that is holding it is the safety chain(s).

/ How strong is your trailer hitch? #10  
Thats amazing! Kind of looks like the tail waging the dog. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I don't even want to picture what would be going through my mind as the ground dissappeared going over the cliff. I wonder what the towing capacity is of that boat.