How to look for a hydraulic level?

/ How to look for a hydraulic level? #1  

Cyrilca

Tractor
Massey Ferguson Gc2310
Can't find how the level of hydraulic should look like in the hole at the back? My indicator is on the photo, can someone please share or point out to a photo of how it should look like?
20211011_162405.jpg

/ How to look for a hydraulic level? #2  
usually with sight glasses you should be in about the middle

/ How to look for a hydraulic level?
Thanks, it helps. From the picture attached can you say where the oil is?

/ How to look for a hydraulic level? #4  
When my oil is new, I can't even see it in the glass it's so clear. If you think the oil it above the glass, lift the loader a little and then recheck. If the level falls within the glass, you're filled above it. If not, you may be a little low.

It's a pain. Kind wish it had a dipstick.

/ How to look for a hydraulic level? #5  
often sight glasses hard to see and don't work well if oil is below min or above max of glass.
Looking at your pic. if I had to guess I would say 90%+ as I think I can see line near top.
Use a bright light and get really close to the glass as this often helps. Also clean outside of glass although yours appears pretty clean already.

If still can't see Cat sell hydro oil dyes which helps when oil is super clear. Sometimes they call it "oil glow"

/ How to look for a hydraulic level? #7  
often sight glasses hard to see and don't work well if oil is below min or above max of glass.
Looking at your pic. if I had to guess I would say 90%+ as I think I can see line near top.
Use a bright light and get really close to the glass as this often helps. Also clean outside of glass although yours appears pretty clean already.

If still can't see Cat sell hydro oil dyes which helps when oil is super clear. Sometimes they call it "oil glow"
G'day Mate (OP) and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

I agree that I 'think' I see a line near the top. My JD 4105 also has a hydraulic tank dip-stick which I find more reliable.

John Deere also sells a hydraulic fluid 'red' dye that many other tractor 'colours' use for their sight glasses.

Enjoy the site... from wherever in the world you are.

Last edited:
   / How to look for a hydraulic level? #8  
The local farm supply stores have dye next to the oil here. And, you can get it on Amazon. The mechanics hunt for oil leaks by steam cleaning the engine, and then adding dye to the oil, and running hte genie for a bit. then they look for the red spot. If they can’t see it, they can use a black light, and it is designed to fluoresce.

/ How to look for a hydraulic level? #9  
Anywhere in the sight glass area is perfect, anywhere near the sight glass is fine. If you're not sure where the top of the oil is, use the tractor or a jack to lift the back end up. Then, you should be able to see the level in the sight glass.

There are gallons of oil in the system. It's not a critical level.

Last edited:
   / How to look for a hydraulic level? #10  
I think I see the oil level( black line) cutting across the base of the upper tab. Raise your FEL - not visible. Raise your 3-point. Park on a slope.

I even have trouble sometimes and mine has a dipstick.