How to repair tire?

/ How to repair tire? #1  

Mark_G

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 Synchro Shuttle
I have a 2006 Kioti CK30 and I put a 1/2 inch slit between the lugs on my front tire. I imagine this could be patched on the inside, or maybe plugged in some fashion? What would be best? With luck 2 pictures are attached. Who would be best to do it? If a plug I could get a kit, else is this the type of thing any tire place could do, or just a tractor dealer etc.? I haven't had tire issues on this since I got it in 2008 or so.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Tire1.jpg
    Tire1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 177
  • Tire2.jpg
    Tire2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 169
   / How to repair tire? #2  
This might be the lazy way:
I always just took them for a patch or new tubes since the tire shop was only a mile away.Les Schwab tires does tractor tires and the local one had a special cage for doing the old split ring rims as well.

/ How to repair tire? #3  
That can't be plugged but can be repaired from inside and last the life of tire. Take it to a tire shop that sell's and repair's farm tires. What most people do with a split in farm tires that size is illeagal for hi-way use tires.

/ How to repair tire? #4  
I suspect being as it's a front tire about any tire shop could apply an internal patch. I'd not consider a plug but an internal patch should last the life of the tire.

/ How to repair tire?
Thank you all. I figured a patch was probably the most likely solution. My dealer did suggest putting in "LiquiTube Premium Heavy-Duty Tire Sealant", that it was easy to clean up if needed etc. and they have had great success with both tractors and mowers. I don't know one sealant from another, but a patch sounds like the best bet, possibly followed by sealant in case of future issues. Thanks.

/ How to repair tire? #6  
that doesn't look like enough to even leak. If it isn't leaking, leave it. There's nothing to patch.
If it is leaking. patching from the inside is the best way to go.
I have many cuts in my tires, but not enough to leak

/ How to repair tire?
that doesn't look like enough to even leak. If it isn't leaking, leave it. There's nothing to patch.
If it is leaking. patching from the inside is the best way to go.
I have many cuts in my tires, but not enough to leak
Unfortunately it leaked, made a racket doing it too.

/ How to repair tire? #8  
15 year old tires, why not just replace both front tires? They are not that expensive compared to the rear ones.

/ How to repair tire? #10  
When I worked at a farm store that sold and repaired tires, the best thing we had was the plug and patch. It's about 3" wide at the patch, and has a rubber plug with a metal end that gets shoved through the tire with lots of rubber cement everywhere. I've plugged many holes and never had anyone come back with a leak.