Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #1  

Chewwy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240, MF 265
Is anyone familiar with a 10 Ft Howse Single Spindle Rotary Cutter? Any info would be appreciated.

i have an opportunity to buy a used 10 ft House Rotary Cutter at a good price and in excellent condition. I can’t find any info on it on the Howse Website or find any manuals for it.

Howse currently makes 7’ and 8’ single spindle cutters. Their 10 ft cutter has two spindles.

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #2  
Howse liquidated in bankruptcy several years ago.

Be aware you are considering an orphan.

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #3  
I've never saw a 10' single spindle cutter??? Not sure anyone makes one???

In regards to Howse no longer making cutters. They bought all of their powertrain items from someone else, gearbox, driveline, etc. Would be no problem finding parts.

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #4  
You can call Doug Addis, owner of Southern Farm Supply he bought up all the Howse stuff . I think they got it stored in Union Grove NC Contact | Southern Farm Supply

I've never seen a single spindle 10 footer either . Anyhow Doug and his gang should have whats left of Howse and parts overthere . Doug would know imo .

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter
Howse liquidated in bankruptcy several years ago.

Be aware you are considering an orphan.

Am aware Howse went bankrupt. This machine is very heavily constructed an shows little signs of wear or abuse. It will likely outlive me, maybe several times over.

ovrszd;5817938 In regards to Howse no longer making cutters. They bought all of their powertrain items from someone else said:
Kinda what I figured. In looking at several Howse parts manuals, a lot of their parts fit several different sizes of their cutters.

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #7  
I've never saw a 10' single spindle cutter??? Not sure anyone makes one???

In regards to Howse no longer making cutters. They bought all of their powertrain items from someone else, gearbox, driveline, etc. Would be no problem finding parts.

Agreed. I’m not sure what kind of dealer parts you’d need for a cutter anyway. Howse made a solid piece. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. I’ve got a Howse finish mower that’s the heaviest duty finish mower I’ve seen.

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #8  
I'd also like to see some pics of this cutter if possible?? It'll be a first for me!!!! I'm very curious about it. Also,, would it pull harder than a dual spindle 10ft cutter? That's some long blades swinging around under there!!!

/ Howse 10 Ft Single Spindle Rotary Cutter #9  
I can't imagine anything on the cutter tearing up but I have to wonder what size tractor and PTO HP it requires to get it spinning. My little 4' Howse really takes a jolt to get going.

Is there any way you could hook it to the tractor you intend to use before buying it?

Eureka. Question is answered.

I went this morning and took measurements. It is only an 8 ft cutter with single spindle which makes it a Howse Model HD8D.
Sorry for my confusion.

It was advertised simply as “HOWSE ROTARY CUTTER, 10' pull type, GC.”

At only 8 ft wide it is street legal, which solves my problem on how to transport it.