Rake Howse Landscape Rake

/ Howse Landscape Rake #1  

TWINKLE_TOES

Veteran Member
Stumbled across a 6 ft Howse landscape rake (new) for $365 guide wheels (2) for $175. Landpride and Woods are about twice this price, The Howse looks a little whimpy as compared to the the other two. One of the rakes in the yard had a bent side link, I think this was a result of reverse backing and inproper adjustment. I think it is adaquate for my purpose, road maintance and feild leveling after rototilling. I did a search and "Von" looks like he is happy with his (built his own guide wheels).Any one else have comments on the Howse rake?

/ Howse Landscape Rake #2  
I have both a Howse and a York Modern and both work well and I have never had any problems with either. I am considering the guide wheels, but they are not height adjustable like on the York Modern. I think that adjustable wheels have an advantage once you have used them as compared to the fixed wheels...

/ Howse Landscape Rake #3  
I bought a Howse rake last year. I have used it quite a bit clearing and leveling. I have even used it to grade the gravel on my driveway. Last week, I used it to remove
ice from my drive. If the ice is not firmly frozen to the ground it does a good job. I have not had any problems and I am completely satisfied so far. I also bought the guide wheels. They are adjustable for height by moving shims on the wheel posts. I don't use the wheels alot, but they may be handy in certain circumstances.

/ Howse Landscape Rake
bncsauve and Junkman, Thanks for the feedback on the Howse rake. I think I'll get it with the gauge wheels.
Al