HST Tractor, Transmission fluid 4 inches above full line on dipstick. Safe for use?

/ HST Tractor, Transmission fluid 4 inches above full line on dipstick. Safe for use? #11  
2005 Kubota L3430HSTC

Checked trans/kydro fluid last week and it showed being low so filled until it registered midway between min and max marks on the dipstick.

Checked it again today and it shows about 4 inches above full on the dipstick.

Blew snow with the blower Friday and Saturday without issue, have 8+ inches coming tomorrow and then the tractor is going to the dealer for the 800 hour service on Weds.

Am I safe to use it or am I risking something catastrophic?

Don't know why it showed really low and now is overfull. I always check level when engine is cold.

Depending on the shape of the reservoir above the normal fill line, a 4" rise in level could represent a lot or oil or just a little.
I can't think of any mechanical reason why an overfill would cause damage. At worst it might force some oil out of the overflow.
Of course as others say the question is whether this is a real overflow or due to something like loader position, slope, or temperature.
If it were mine I'd use it normally, expect no change in how it works, but still pay pay special attention to how it is responding.
rScotty

/ HST Tractor, Transmission fluid 4 inches above full line on dipstick. Safe for use? #12  
2005 Kubota L3430HSTC

Checked trans/kydro fluid last week and it showed being low so filled until it registered midway between min and max marks on the dipstick.

Blew snow with the blower Friday and Saturday without issue, have 8+ inches coming tomorrow and then the tractor is going to the dealer for the 800 hour service on Weds.

Don't know why it showed really low and now is overfull. I always check level when engine is cold.

Did you wipe the dipstick clean before sticking it back in the tractor to check the level...???
If you did, i missed where you said that.

/ HST Tractor, Transmission fluid 4 inches above full line on dipstick. Safe for use? #13  
There was a thread recently about a guy overfilling by a gallon or so. Promptly blew out one of the axle seals. Air in the transmission case can compress if it can't get out of the breather fast enough, but oil can't. If there isn't any buffer in the tank/transmission you are likely to push oil out the breather or bliw out a seal when you drop your loader or do something else that jams a lit of fluid into the tank quickly.

I still haven't seen how much fluid was added to overfill it that much.

/ HST Tractor, Transmission fluid 4 inches above full line on dipstick. Safe for use? #14  
Dipstick not fully pushed in when you checked it when filling is one possibility but have you check the other fluids to be sure no leak into the hyd system? Hey on your dip stick can the stop on it slip so it is entering into the tractor further? Think you will find the manual will say to check with cyls fully retracted. Often you can not fully retract all cyls at the same time so do the best you can.

/ HST Tractor, Transmission fluid 4 inches above full line on dipstick. Safe for use? #15  
2005 Kubota L3430HSTC

Your tractor, your money,
but i surely know i wouldn`t run ANY of my equipment like that until the level was corrected, or found the cause of the problem.