Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos
Thanks for clear instructions. I found the job fairly easy to do. Thanks again.....

That is great, I love it when my posts help people.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #12  
Thanks, I will be performing the same repair to my 2310 shortly. Just waiting for the seals to get here,

Ray

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #13  
MrSteve this is great information thank you. My 1533 has a bad seal on the left side. I was wondering if you had any difficulty getting the tie rod end off? Mine is on there and I tried pounding it off but I don't want to damage it.

MrSteve this is great information thank you. My 1533 has a bad seal on the left side. I was wondering if you had any difficulty getting the tie rod end off? Mine is on there and I tried pounding it off but I don't want to damage it.

Happy I could help... No, no problem getting the link off. A bit of a trick so not to damage the tie-rod (this is what I do/did), hit the knuckle with a hammer, not the tie-rod end its self, the shock of hitting the knuckle oblongs the hole (for a split second then goes back to normal) to the point that it will release the tie-rod.

(look at the 1st page and the photo where it says to remove the tie-rod, hit right at the point where the red line is touching the knuckle)

Or use one of these... (hope the pic shows)
TierodRemovalTool.jpg

Last edited:
   / Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #15  
Thanks again Steve I just wasn't agressive enoung. All set now.

Happy you got it all straightened out.

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #17  
I just done my 96' L-4200, very simple fix, with the help found on here....
THANKS

I just done my 96' L-4200, very simple fix, with the help found on here....
THANKS

Its great to see this thread is still out here helping people.
You are welcome!

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #19  
Thank you also, my seal started leaking at 100 hours on my 2010 1533, was fixed under warranty, but I will save this for future if needed!

/ Hub to axle seal job complete on a 1533, Photos #20  
450 hours on our 2005 and the seal has let loose...will probably replace both sides, but not sure we can do it. Thanks for the info and pics, though. I may grow a set and try it :)