Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
I just got an email informing me that Hud-son is has marked down Uniforest Logging Winches substantially. Savings range from around $900 on their smaller winches to $2000 on their largest. (I have no connection to Hud-son, other than the fact that I bought Uniforest 35E winch from them years ago - the predecessor to the current 35M)

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #2  
Hi John,
Yes, I saw the sale. Their good guys at Hudson. I found a second hand farmi for sale about 2200, plus a 550$ Canadian dollars roundtrip for me to go pick it up. He said it was 5 years old, women who's husband passed away was selling it. However, I'm still tempted on the uniforest as I know those guys, good guys. Hudon was possibly coming up this way so he could bring it up in a year or so...and if not, he could delivery for 400 American, with about 2995$ amercan price tag. However I could exchange it for some services I provide, that normally costs him, and thus reduce the price tag further.

So its hard for me to say either way. I did tell the used farmi guy I'd drive over, which is a 8 hour ferry ride, and 6 hour drive to get the winch, no deposit, on the used one. But I'm starting to go on the fence and would like to tell him I Might be going with the uniforest....I don't know. Uniforest Unit is new, farmi is used. What do you guys think? farmi, 2200, plus about 550 for me to pick it up. Canadian.

2995+400 American for uniforest, but can essentially get a lot off of that if I can provide a service for him next year and he can bring it up.

IMG_4137.PNGIMG_4136.PNG

Last edited:
   / Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #3  
Just read this, considering a 35M for my 47 acres in the CO mountains. Thanks for the feedback!

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #4  
Are the prices shown on each model page the discount price? that is , $3K for the 35m?

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches
Are the prices shown on each model page the discount price? that is , $3K for the 35m?

I'm not aware that there is a discount going on now. The original post by me at the top of this thread was almost a year ago. The only special I see now is a shipping discount.

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #6  
That seems to be their regular price, as it's what I paid for mine last November. The shipping is where you might see some savings, and you also may be able to negotiate a few choker chains.

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #7  
I can confirm as of yesterday the 35M is $2995 shipped to your dealer. You can pick it up for no shipping fee (state taxes applicable). The 45M is $3795 same free shipping to dealer. If you want it shipped to your residence/business it is an additional $100.

The question for me is 35M or 45M? I have mostly pine, fir, and aspen. No hardwoods on my place. Some large ponderosa pine and Doug fir. My tractor is 47 HP to PTO at 540rpm. The 35M is rated to 44HP.

Thoughts? I don’t want to pay for something I wont need, but I also dont want to break the lighter model with PTO strain. I will also call the company to see what they recommend.

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches
The winches have a slip clutch which is adjustable. If properly adjusted, it's unlikely your tractor will damage the 35M due to overpowering the PTO. However, you are right smack in the middle of the suggested range for the 45M. You didn't mention you're tractor model (I'm assuming your aren't talking about the M62 that is "to be delivered" in your profile, since it's not 47HP), but if the 3PH lift specs match those of a typical 47 PTO HP tractor, the 45M (or a Farmi 501 or similar) would be a good match for your tractor.

As mentioned earlier, I own the 35E, previous model to the 35M. It's a solid winch, and gets the job done for me. However, if I had the tractor like yours, I'd be getting the winch to match it. My winch is a good match for my tractor. Had I bought smaller, every time I get a log that I just can't quite move, I'd be kicking myself for not buying an implement that matched my tractor.

/ Hud-son sale on Uniforest Logging Winches #9  
^^^^
I agree with John_Mc, as you never know what you may decide to do in the future. Like boats, nobody ever says "I wish that I had a smaller winch."