Hummingbirds on the move

/ Hummingbirds on the move #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
The wife saw two Hummingbirds on the porch today. Low 30's at night and high near 50. I was thinking it was a bit early for thier arrival. Anyone else got Hummers flying around? -robert

/ Hummingbirds on the move #2  
Wow! I'm not counting on any for another two months or so, probably late April for us. Only have Chickadees, nuthatches, and a bunch of brave finches this Winter.

/ Hummingbirds on the move #4  
None yet but I also have a feeder up just in case some show up.:D

/ Hummingbirds on the move #6  
Guess I need to get my feeders out and get them all disinfected and ready to go!

/ Hummingbirds on the move #7  
Sidwuffler...great map. I see the 2012 dates for our area match our experience. I'll keep an eye on this map so we get out feeders out at just the right time.

/ Hummingbirds on the move #8  
Check out Journey North site they have maps for birds, butterflies, ect. it's a great site worth checking in on. You can join and report your sitings. To early for hummingbirds here yet but guess I should get the feeders ready.

/ Hummingbirds on the move #9  
We have a few that we feed and that stay here all year in Vancouver, Wa. This has been going on for years.

idaho2

/ Hummingbirds on the move #10  
You can follow their progress here.

Hummingbird Migration Maps

Texas had its first one posted today. I have a feeder up already for any tired early arrival.

Thanks for the link. Looks like we had em 28 Feb last year. Never thought about them being here that early. Thanks again.