Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #1  

jpilk99

Gold Member
Tractor
1983 Ford 1700, 4WD, 770 Loader, Woods backhoe, Woods brush hog,etc.
Hi all,

I may be resurrecting's an older post (below) when I had issues with the mower deck belt jumping off. Just like in that post, I think i've checked everything, from drive pulley under the motor, to the deck itself, all spindles are on the same plan, none are bent or lose. As noted in that previous thread, I had installed a 'tensioner pulley Limit Stop' bolt to keep that tension pulley from flapping too lose... But here I am back with brand new belt, everything grease, deck set & adjusted to proper height (with the rear about a 1/2 inch higher than front) and yet I can't figure out why - after only about 100' of mowing over perfectly flat grass, the belt inexplicitly jumps off. Time after time. I will say the machine is about 10-11 years old with almost 500 hours. The mower deck ain't brandy new, but, it doesn't seem that bad. Not sure what Could go bad, bad enough to cause brand new belt to jump for no reason, or at least none that I can see.

Jay

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #2  
take a video. no one is going to be able help without seeing what's going on

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN
take a video. no one is going to be able help without seeing what's going on
I don't know when the belt is going to jump, so can't really video something.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #4  
Just got done rebuilding the neighbor gals Husky zero turn mower and I have to say, what a piece of junk. Very poorly made. Told her it might last another year, maybe and it was time to step up to something better. Very few grease fittings no metal bushings (all plastic) and the front deck suspension was horrible. A bent steel rod in plastic bushings with stamped ears on the ends. Very poorly made design, obviously built with obsolence in mind. Cheap throw away Kohler Courage engine and no access to the pumps for oil changes and no filters either. Strictly a homeowner grade machine with a terrible seat too.

I guess you get what you pay for.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #5  
Just got done rebuilding the neighbor gals Husky zero turn mower and I have to say, what a piece of junk. Very poorly made. Told her it might last another year, maybe and it was time to step up to something better. Very few grease fittings no metal bushings (all plastic) and the front deck suspension was horrible. A bent steel rod in plastic bushings with stamped ears on the ends. Very poorly made design, obviously built with obsolence in mind. Cheap throw away Kohler Courage engine and no access to the pumps for oil changes and no filters either. Strictly a homeowner grade machine with a terrible seat too.

I guess you get what you pay for.
Just got an email from my parts supplier yesterday.. The throttle cable that I had on backorder since the first part of June for my customers 2006 husqvarna rider is NLA.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #6  
Had a belt jumping off my Ferris mower two years ago.

Put a new belt on and no more problems.

The old belt was stretched just enough to be loose enough to cause the problem

So….stick a new belt on and keep the old one as an emergency spare. Worst case if that doesn’t solve the issue is that you have a spare belt.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #7  
My SIL was having the same issue with his Husky. New belt didn't help. I finally got talked into looking at it (didn't take too much), and I figured out that he had it routed wrong. The routing is really goofy and once I had it wrangled around everything correctly, it was fine.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #8  
Just like in that post, I think i've checked everything, from drive pulley under the motor, to the deck itself, all spindles are on the same plan, none are bent or lose.

But here I am back with brand new belt, everything grease, deck set & adjusted to proper height (with the rear about a 1/2 inch higher than front)
Pulleys and idlers wear. They may not be noticeable, but they will not hold a belt.

I had all kinds of problems with my JDX300 deck until I replace a couple of idlers. Hasn't chucked or eaten a belt since.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN #9  
Pulleys and idlers wear. They may not be noticeable, but they will not hold a belt.
Yes, that too. I've seen the "bearing" burnt up on some, that didn't show bad until I took it off. Locked up, and melted the plastic.

/ Husqvarna LGT 24K54 - mower deck belt jumping off. AGAIN
Had a belt jumping off my Ferris mower two years ago.

Put a new belt on and no more problems.

The old belt was stretched just enough to be loose enough to cause the problem

So….stick a new belt on and keep the old one as an emergency spare. Worst case if that doesn’t solve the issue is that you have a spare belt.
I put a brand new belt on