Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List?

/ Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List? #1  

artf

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940, 2021 Husqvarna TS348
Just purchased a TS348 (Kohler, no locking differential) and want to add wheel weights, maybe a weight bracket? It's not in service yet.

I can see Husqvarna's incomplete accessories list on their website and I have the parts list with exploded parts diagrams.

Is there an unofficial list of accessories?

Tires are Front 16x6.5-8 NHS and Rear 23x10.5-12 NHS, so it's 8 inch front wheels and 12 inch rear wheels.

Am I better off filling the 4 tires with windshield wiper fluid to 75% rather than addiding wheel weights or should I do both?

What is the deal with that 50lb weight with the rear bracket Husqvarna sells? No other mfg's have that? Doesn't appear I can add suitcase weights to that?

Which wheel weights fit the rears?

Thanks in advance.

/ Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List? #2  
I would be careful about adding a bunch of extra weight. I know it has the heavy duty K66 tranny, but extra weight is rolling resistance, and can cause extra heat to be generated in the tranny, and could cause premature failure.

/ Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List? #3  
Why are you adding weights if I may ask?

/ Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List? #4  
I don't think you'll have any problem adding the Husqvarna 50# wheel weights. I've had them on my GTH26v for about 5 years with no problems. I needed them for extra traction when mowing steep slopes. That and a tire change for ATV tires on the rear solved that problem.

I also had previously tried adding fluid to all the tires for better traction. Adding weight to the front tires made steering much too heavy. I can't really say whether or not the little bit of weight that added to the rear tires did anything at all.

So, my first suggestion, if it's traction you're needing, change the rear factory turf tires for something like ATV tires. Then if you still need more bite, buy the wheel weights.

/ Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List?
Application is snow plowing a small concrete driveway......900 sq ft.

/ Husqvarna TS348 - Wheel Weights, Weight Bracket, Accessories List? #6  
I don't think you'll have any problem adding the Husqvarna 50# wheel weights. I've had them on my GTH26v for about 5 years with no problems. I needed them for extra traction when mowing steep slopes. That and a tire change for ATV tires on the rear solved that problem.

I also had previously tried adding fluid to all the tires for better traction. Adding weight to the front tires made steering much too heavy. I can't really say whether or not the little bit of weight that added to the rear tires did anything at all.

So, my first suggestion, if it's traction you're needing, change the rear factory turf tires for something like ATV tires. Then if you still need more bite, buy the wheel weights.

This is what I did on my Craftsman DGS6500 with the same size tires. I found my atv tires used therefore cheap.
I can go on the steeper grades and back up where the factory turfs would just spin. When they finally wear out I will go with atv tires again. Mud and snow an immense improvement also.