husqvarna yth 180 not charging

/ husqvarna yth 180 not charging #1  

Olrusty

Tractor
yth 180
Replaced the old dead dead battery and a worn out starter and a seize brake pulley now i get not charging ? Ive checked the connections best i could all seem fine nothing loose that i can tell ? Not totally sure best way to test the circuit ?Any help appreciated ..

/ husqvarna yth 180 not charging #2  
P0505127-00011.pngUse a meter to check for voltage from the generator where the two wires attach to the regulator, you should see greater than 24v ac, not sure exactly what the number should be. If you show good ac voltage there, then check the output wire of the regulator for dc voltage, if you have nothing there then check to make sure you have a good ground. If it checks out there, then follow it back thru the switch, ammeter, fuse and wire all the way back to the battery. Hope this helps.

/ husqvarna yth 180 not charging
View attachment 474650Use a meter to check for voltage from the generator where the two wires attach to the regulator, you should see greater than 24v ac, not sure exactly what the number should be. If you show good ac voltage there, then check the output wire of the regulator for dc voltage, if you have nothing there then check to make sure you have a good ground. If it checks out there, then follow it back thru the switch, ammeter, fuse and wire all the way back to the battery. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info very much appreciated thank you ..

/ husqvarna yth 180 not charging #4  
by the picture i found this tractor should have a magnetic charging system if you can see the charger which will look kinda like a small thin alternator and from wiring diagram above voltage is correct find out where the rectifier/regulator is it will be in 1 piece with engine wiring going to it they are on internet and most local mower repair centers have them they will have anywhere from 5 to 7 wires going to them normally most deere and toros they are located behind dash panel out of direct weather hits