Hy Guard sticker shock

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #1  

o2batsea

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45C 2005
I guess it's been a few years since I bought my last buckets. 2 of em were over 120 bones (faint)

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #2  
ALL petroleum products have gone up!

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #3  
That's about what I paid for one in September, $55 a bucket.

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #4  
$55 for 5 gallons seems very reasonable to me.

The last time I looked, Super Tech at Wally World was either $45 or $49, Rotella was $55, and Costco's no name Tractor Fluid was $45.

At $55 I am headed to the Deere dealer.

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #5  
When I did my 50 hour service I gave the used oil to an old timer that has all kinds of old equipment. it was like gold to him he couldn't believe it was used it was so clean looking.

I just did the filters and had to ad maybe 1/2 gal of lo-vis can't remember the exact price but it aint cheap, nothing JD is cheap. Just paid $8. for a 4"x4" leaping deer sticker!

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #6  
Way late here but my Rural King has 5 gallon buckets of UTF for $19.99 this week only. I have never seen it that cheap. I believe the brand is Extreme. Its in a green and yellow bucket.

Chris

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #7  
Way late here but my Rural King has 5 gallon buckets of UTF for $19.99 this week only. I have never seen it that cheap. I believe the brand is Extreme. Its in a green and yellow bucket.

Chris

I have run the cheaper brands in my JD 4020 and the tractor runs perfect. Bought a 4050, changed to the off-brand and the trans shifted fine but I got some brake shutter on step slopes while mowing. I ended up draining the cheap and returning to the Hy-guard with no more brake chatter. Good luck.:D

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #8  
I have run the cheaper brands in my JD 4020 and the tractor runs perfect. Bought a 4050, changed to the off-brand and the trans shifted fine but I got some brake shutter on step slopes while mowing. I ended up draining the cheap and returning to the Hy-guard with no more brake chatter. Good luck.:D

I do not run it in any of my tractors, non have a common sump. I run 80W90 in the gear boxes, front axle, and rear axle. Then I run common AW32 in the hydro system. Just thought it was a good buy and know local guys who bought it by the pallet at that price. It is usually around $30 so the $19.99 price was a good deal.

Chris

/ Hy Guard sticker shock #9  
$55 for 5 gallons seems very reasonable to me.

The last time I looked, Super Tech at Wally World was either $45 or $49, Rotella was $55, and Costco's no name Tractor Fluid was $45.

At $55 I am headed to the Deere dealer.

I second that