hydrate? oil leaking

/ hydrate? oil leaking #1  

tobacco chewer

Tractor
1996 New Holland 6610
hello how all doing? this is tobacco chewer. i haven't post anything in a while. i got a 1996 New Holland 6610S tractor. i were brushhogging the other day. I notice a trail of hydraulic oil on the ground. i got down and look. where the brake rod come out of the right rear axle housing. Hydraulic oil were pouring out where the brake rod come out the axle housing on the right side seating in the seat. it a 2 wheel drive. what could be causing it to be pouring fluid out of it there. How hard is it to fix? How do I go about fixing it? Thank all in advance

/ hydrate? oil leaking #2  
Hello, can you post a few pics and elaborate more. I m just guessing here , but there might be an oil seal when the shaft enters rear axle housing. I will look at NH website later on. Open the attachment , #29 is the brake assembly , it does not show where the brake rod comes in to rear axle on this parts breakdown.

Attachments

• Ford 6610s.pdf
    133.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
   / hydrate? oil leaking
hello how all doing? this is tobacco chewer. i haven't post anything in a while. i got a 1996 New Holland 6610S tractor. i were brushhogging the other day. I notice a trail of hydraulic oil on the ground. i got down and look. where the brake rod come out of the right rear axle housing. Hydraulic oil were pouring out where the brake rod come out the axle housing on the right side seating in the seat. it a 2 wheel drive. what could be causing it to be pouring fluid out of it there. How hard is it to fix? How do I go about fixing it? Thank all in advance
okay I not where the tractor is at now. I try to take some pictures tomorrow and try to figure how to post the pictures on here. Thank you

/ hydrate? oil leaking #4  
okay I not where the tractor is at now. I try to take some pictures tomorrow and try to figure how to post the pictures on here. Thank you
Let me know if you need help posting the picture or review the document I attached to my previous post.

/ hydrate? oil leaking #5  

You have "wet" brakes n this tractor (i.e. they run in oil) . That rubber seal that the brake actuator rod runs through is most likely torn, leaking, or was pulled off. It's not a difficult repair and the parts should be available at New Holland.

/ hydrate? oil leaking
Let me know if you need help posting the picture or review the document I attached to my prevJ
How do I go about replacing the rubber seal where the brake actuator rod run through the houising?

/ hydrate? oil leaking #7  
Mr. tobacco chewer, I think you are new to this site and posting in a forum. When you quote someone then you have something to say. Did you miss that? There is a file attached to this post. That is the brake system parts breakdown for your tractor. Click on it and it will open open up the document. #16 is the rod that activate your brake disk that is in a oil bath. However , that parts breakdown does not show how it enters the housing or if there is a seal there. There must be a tight seal or bushing that keeps the oil from coming out. A picture would be great. If you have hard time posting a picture then look closely on how the rod enters the housing. Do you see oil tell tale sign. You might be able just to clean the area and put some RTV blue there and let it cure. it will stay a bit flexible and keep the oil in. This is not a permanent fix but it might be better than how it is now.

Attachments

• Ford 6610s brake.pdf
    106.6 KB · Views: 101