Hydraulic 3PT "Down Speed Control" Leaking/Stuck G3033

/ Hydraulic 3PT "Down Speed Control" Leaking/Stuck G3033 #1  

Haytillnoon

Tractor
None
I have a just purchased used G3033 that has a history of the 3PT hitch "Down Speed Control" leaking (the knob under the seat to control implement drop speed). I have lost about 1/2 gallon, it is a significant leak. Previous owner said just tighten the lock nut behind the knob were the the shaft enters the gear casing, but that is not working reliably. Making a mess too much fluid leaking. So looking at the parts diagram I see there are two o-rings inside on the Down Speed Control shaft. I plan on replacing them. I am planning on using non-LS 0-rings as they were easy to get and the size was specified in the LS parts diagram.
D9.8xW1.9
D13.8XW2.4

Also, the valve (little ball w/spring) gets stuck when the draft control "up position" is adjusted too high. When this happens, the implement won't drop regardless of draft control lever and opening up the "down speed control" to full. Previous owner said tap the outside of the casing with a hammer a few inches back from the Down Speed Control (after removing the seat so you can reach it) and it should open up and free the valve / ball (and this technique does work).

For now, I am more concerned about the leaking, but wanted to mention the stuck ball in case there is a connection. For the leaking, I think it is a reasonable guess it is the o-rings. Anyone have a similar issue, stuck "down speed control" valve or leaking? Any tricks here?

/ Hydraulic 3PT "Down Speed Control" Leaking/Stuck G3033 #2  
I know this is an old thread. However i hope this solves my current issue. My 3 point is stuck in the up position.

Well it did work to tap the housing to get it down. However after a few hours of mowing with a 3pt finish mower it is stuck again! This is going to get old quick. I have to pull the seat to tap the valve in my cab tractor

Last edited: