Hydraulic Bypass valve adjustment for B1750d 4x4

/ Hydraulic Bypass valve adjustment for B1750d 4x4 #1  

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 with BH FEL, Kubota L4400 HST with FEL, Polaris Ranger, BCS 720
I've had an issue with the B1750d 4x4 (gear drive) tractor. I bought it from a friend's estate a few months back and have trouble getting the 3ph to raise implements more than a couple inches unless I push the FEL into detent. I have tried to address this in an earlier post but I haven't gotten any resolution yet. I have drained.and replaced.the hydraulic fluid using Kubota fluid and also cleaned the screen. No change. I read a post about a similar issue on another website and they were talking about doing a bypass valve adjustment and cleaning. I have not ever cleaned a hydraulic valve before. Any ideas on what I should try? I'm willing to gi

/ Hydraulic Bypass valve adjustment for B1750d 4x4 #3  
Suggest you first go to this site and download a free Workshop Manual and read up on your tractor's systems.

Index of Kubotabooks/Tractor Owners Manuals/

Consider spending $38 on eBay for an Operator's manual:

It is only after you fully understand your machine that you will know if it is operating properly.

GENUINE KUBOTA B155�HST B175�HST 155� 175� TRACTOR OPERATORS MANUAL VERY GOOD | eBay

Dave M7040

p.s. There is a free operators' manual also on Kubotabooks.com. No need to buy unless you want a paper copy.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Bypass valve adjustment for B1750d 4x4
Thanks for the suggestion. I have actually already downloaded the wsm and owners manual and read them both. I haven't found anything labeled as a bypass valve that was mentioned. I have not done any work on hydraulics before aside from changing fluids and filters. This is the first tractor that I have owned that has a screen instead of filters. My other 2 tractors are larger and have filters. I am willing to learn as I go along but I dont have anyone nearby to help with this type project which is why I thought you guys may have a suggestion on what to try to clean. Maybe I should pass this on to a qualified mechanic and reserve my shade tree "skills" for something else? Lol.

/ Hydraulic Bypass valve adjustment for B1750d 4x4 #5  
just remember. if you turn it up too much, you can easily break things. I've seen the consequences on big tractors.. the pressure is regulated for a good reason!..

Thanks for the warning. Seems more and more that I should get an actual mechanic to take a look for me. Better not break something I have no experience with fixing.

To follow up from this problem, I wound up taking the tractor to a local shop run by a father and his 2 sons. They did the adjustment on the hydraulic valve and it fixed my problem. I was only charged for labor. I cant say.how much time it took because they also replaced the ignition switch, the solenoid and solenoid timer and the stop for the injector pump. It works fine now. And, the tractor actually turns off when I turn the switch off. No more emergency stop.

/ Hydraulic Bypass valve adjustment for B1750d 4x4 #8  
To follow up from this problem, I wound up taking the tractor to a local shop run by a father and his 2 sons. They did the adjustment on the hydraulic valve and it fixed my problem. I was only charged for labor. I cant say.how much time it took because they also replaced the ignition switch, the solenoid and solenoid timer and the stop for the injector pump. It works fine now. And, the tractor actually turns off when I turn the switch off. No more emergency stop.
Very Good :)