Hydraulic cylinder ID

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID #1  

shiftsuper175607

Tractor
none
Can anyone help with Brand ID of this welded Hyd. cylinder?
It is yellow...duh
2 inch bore 1.25 rod. Will any repair kit work of that size? See writing on cylinder.

The collar has worked loose a couple of times. this time tightening it does not stop a hyd leak around the rod.
I can also get another cylinder from Magister but the ends are wider that mine and I would have to grind/cut them narrower. Is there a problem I might get into doing that?
Are the ports going to be the same...is there a standard fitting...The Magister has SAE 6...it that the port size?

If anyone can ID what I have I might can find more info about it or even same brand repair kit or replacement.

thanks for helping.

Attachments

• IMG_2397.JPG
    IMG_2397.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
   / Hydraulic cylinder ID #2  
Or you can go the other route which is taking all the seals out and go to an hydraulic shop so they can give you all the parts you need. Usually it comes a lot cheaper going this route.

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID
Here is the cylinder on my grapple
Very useful implement.
I have seen a Youtube video on rebuilding a cylinder.
Is it difficult for the first timer?

Attachments

• IMG_1003.JPG
    IMG_1003.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
   / Hydraulic cylinder ID #4  
It's that hard really. The hardest part usually is taking the old seal and wiper out of the rod gland. Also, sliding the piston seal can be a pain because it has to expand over the bigger diameter before it reaches its final place.

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID
I am still looking for ID help here.

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID #6  
Is it difficult for the first timer?

My attitude is to try it! Really....what can you hurt? (presuming you aren't using a hammer!!)

Get a table, take things apart. You might have to get creative a bit to pull it apart (I had to attach some straps to mine to help pull apart)

I had spent several thousand dollars on mine over the years (industrial backhoe) and came to a point where I said this is nuts..... I've convinced myself that I must have the skills (I did) and it's not rocket science (it's not) so just be careful.

When I took a cylinder to the shop to be redone, they wanted $150. Now, in fairness, I DID feel that was a bit excessive but I don't know if it is or not. Then I stop & think they're paying for overhead, wages, parts, maybe a 401K plan....

Don't you know that the next season, the other cylinder needed done... so took it apart and went in with the pieces..... only cost $35 to hand me the parts.

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID #7  
Call the manufacturer of the grapple and ask who’s cylinders they use, they may even sell a rebuild kit.
Good luck!

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID
Update.
Took the cylinder off yesterday and to repair shop.
They wanted $100/hr labor and $45 for kit. Kit not in stock, I pay shipping
They could get me a new one for $245
I ordered a WEN cylinder yesterday evening....free delivery for $56.25
2 in borex4 inch stroke.

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID #9  
Good for you. Someday that shop will no longer be there when you need them.

/ Hydraulic cylinder ID
Yeah, You would have paid 3 to 5 times more.
I didn't need them as much as they thought.
I gave them the opportunity to even reduce the price...they said no thanks.
No tears from me if they shut their doors.
Look at muffler shops and radiator shops...you have to change with the market or you will fail.