Hydraulic filter for TL2700 with e3ag1 engine (next bit)

/ Hydraulic filter for TL2700 with e3ag1 engine (next bit) #1  

Hfivefour

Tractor
Iseki TL2700
Should read 3AG1 engine not E3 but cant work out if can change title.

So continuing my journey with the TL2700.

I've had it out with a finishing mower over my footie pitches for 5 hours or so in total and seems to be fine. No pools of oil on garage floor after use. My last tractor bled everywhere.

But to understanding servicing needs I am now looking at the hydraulic filter. It leaks ever so slightly around top so i assume the o-ring seal is failing. Its only a small bleed so not too worried but like to nip it in the bud if I can.

The hoses look like they have been worked on before as hoses and jubilee clips look newish but is dented at bottom and as can see was done 2017.

I assume its a spin on lube case but from photo its all in japanese so working out what it is is a challenge. All I know its approx 80mm OD and 140mm high.

One option is to drop it off to see if its a spin on or has a filter inside and then put back.

But will that cause me to loose fluid.

The idea is if I can get it off without major leaking/loss I could slap on a counter to get a replacement.

I see other discussions on here regarding this so maybe worth a try but before I do so has anyone any views/advice.

IMG_1671.JPG.

/ Hydraulic filter for TL2700 with e3ag1 engine (next bit)
So a word of warning tried to remove filter today first by hand then using a filter remover, the strap kind with socket attatchment.

All it did was crease the canister even more, which makes me think thats why it creased in first place.

The bugger wont move. I hope I havent caused more of a problem.

I will step back from this for a bit.

/ Hydraulic filter for TL2700 with e3ag1 engine (next bit) #3  
tHERE IS A WASHABLE MESH SCREEN IN THE HOUSING. tHE HOUSING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

/ Hydraulic filter for TL2700 with e3ag1 engine (next bit)
Thanks for reply.

I was guessing there was some form of filter in cannister.

However I will not try to remove, may pass to more experienced hands in time.

Was thinking if the whole unit (including the head) could be replaced with a more modern (and more easily obtainable) sealed hydraulic cannister. But not knowing enough about hydraulic pressures and bypass valves I will keep seeking advice.

/ Hydraulic filter for TL2700 with e3ag1 engine (next bit) #5  
I can supply a filter assembly that can be plumbed into the suction line in its place. It has 1-1/4 NPT inlet & outlet, 25 micron rating, 5-3/8æ’*iameter x 9-3/8 with replaceable spin on filter.----$95.00