hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@#

/ hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@# #1  

Root Cause

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
My dealer whom I bought the tractor from just sold me a grapple.
Tractor is 100 miles away and neither of us knew if my 3rd option lines were OEM or aftermarket (bought it with 80 hours).

Of course the fittings don't match.
And of course, I broke a crimp trying to get one of the fittings off so I could take it back to town.

I am guessing I can find a hose repair or replacement business around here but what about the fittings? Is this going to become an early Easter egg hunt?

The male fitting from the tractor just over 24mm using an open wrench to guess at it and the new grapple fitting is a bit over 21mm. Any advice is appreciated.

/ hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@# #2  
If there are no tractor dealers with a shop to make hydraulic hoses around you, look for a truck shop (dump truck, tractor trailer, etc - not a pick up truck shop) - they have very well equipped hydraulic hose departments.

/ hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@# #4  
I've ordered from The Surplus Center. They have what you need.
I looked in their catalog just now and 8 pages of hydraulic fittings, amazing how many there are. They have hoses, valves, etc.
20220301_174508.jpg

/ hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@# #5  
   / hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@# #6  
Any tractor dealer should have equipment to make hydraulic hoses, and a variety of fittings/connectors. If not, they should be able to send you to the shop they sub to

/ hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@# #8  
Maybe post some pictures of just what isnt right. I dont know what fittings you are talking about or if you are talking about the couplers.

Also...sizing a fitting based on wrench size is a fools errand.

And there are several different types of threads associated with fittings and couplers. The most common being JIC, NPT, ORB, and ORFS. And they are NOT interchangeable.

/ hydraulic fittings don't match #%*@#
My dealer is just getting set up to do o-rings and hydraulic hoses. He admitted his failure but was working to correct it. I was the lucky one to buy the first grapple of a batch from a new supplier.

The auto parts stores here can help but days out. Of all things, in this little town nearby, there is a pressure washer repair / service center. I have no idea how he makes a living, he doesn't have a website so it isn't online sales.
Nonetheless, he had exactly what I needed. $130 bucks for 2 quick connects and I was glad to pay that to get going gon the same day. Whew! thanks everyone for the advice here.