Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #1  

mwayne

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Does anyone know what type of fittings are used on these tractors? I'm planning on installing a spool valve between the loader valve and the 3 point control. From the appearance and measurements I took the hose connection looks to be 1/2" JIS. Also am considering using the transaxle fill port as the return and based on measurements it appears to be SAE ORB. I would appreciate it if anyone can confirm this.
Thanks 20210219_171708.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #2  
You could very well be correct, but I'd be surprised if the fill port is SAE, since the tractor was manufactured in S Korea I believe. If it is SAE, it's the only thing on it that's not metric...:laughing:

And don't lose that fill port threaded cap. Cost me $20 to replace that 10¢ piece of plastic.

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #3  
NEVER return unfiltered oil to the reservoir. You're asking for trouble.

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #4  
IF you find what thread that is on the transaxle fill please let me know, I have spent months trying to find something to fit to thread in there to adapt to a 3/4 NPT. I run a post driver and have to return the driver to the sump.
What I have come up with is to take the plastic cap that comes on hydraulic hose ends, slip it on a 3/4 pipe and it will grab on the threads of the transnaxle fill port semi-secure. At least i am able to run my post driver but it is not the permanent fitting I am looking for.'

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538
NEVER return unfiltered oil to the reservoir. You're asking for trouble.
What I'm doing is no different than the loader valve returning to tank.

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #6  
But it's filtered. The way I understand your plan, you return the oil from your additional valve direct back into the reservoir. That can cause problems over time in your system.

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538
But it's filtered. The way I understand your plan, you return the oil from your additional valve direct back into the reservoir. That can cause problems over time in your system.
There is not a bit of difference between the oil returning to the tank from the loader valve and from my proposed spool valve. Both are filtered through the same Donaldson filter and strainer before going through the gear pump. And neither are filtered after passing through the valves and returning to the tank.

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #8  
Are you sure the filter is on the suction side of the pump?

/ Hydraulic fittings on Mahindra 2538 #9  
I have a 2019 2638hst cab and can confirm the the suction side of the pump has a suction strainer on the right side and the spin on filter is on the left side.
i went from the loader PB port to my new 12vdc solenoid valve (D03) in port then the out port hooked up to the rear factory spool valves where the origional PB hose from loader valve went. simple enough imo. i know when i had my 3016 shuttle the pump had a suction filter on the left side. usually there is something on the suction side. at the very least is a suction screen.