HYDRAULIC FITTINGS

/ HYDRAULIC FITTINGS #1  

AV8R62

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4200
Where is the best place to find an adapter fitting that is 3/8 BSP to 3/8 npt or jic ?

/ HYDRAULIC FITTINGS #5  
I try and buy local as much as posible, even if the price is higher but ran into the same problem with the hydraulic supplier near me. They didn't have anything I needed in stock, said it would take 3 weeks:eek: to order and there is a $50 minimum for specail orders to, and I quote, "make it worth our time". They really gave me the feeling my piddly little adapters where a great inconvenience. There wasn't another soul in the shop either.

Yep, sure thing buddy....sorry to put you out!

That is unfortunately what I've been finding with more and more local businesses. On the flip side there are some great ones too, there is a small engine place near me that will help anyway they can and are an amazing source of good advice. I buy EVERYTHING they carry from them, I don't care if it's twice what it is online, because they add huge value in knowledge and time. As a consumer all you can do is vote with your wallet.

/ HYDRAULIC FITTINGS
thanks for the information ,I purchased them from Discount hydraulic hose.com

/ HYDRAULIC FITTINGS #8  
thanks for the information ,I purchased them from Discount hydraulic hose.com

Did they have them in stock?
I get all my metric fittings there too because they have a really good selection. But the last couple orders, every metric to SAE fitting (almost) had to be back ordered. The problem with that is they didn't let me know. One time I ordered some an had them shipped next day air. They did that but right after they got them ... about a week and a half later.:) LOL ... of course they didn't charge me for air shipping.
I still buy from them because I like their selection. I just ask them first if they have them in stock or not.

/ HYDRAULIC FITTINGS #9  
Did they have them in stock?
I get all my metric fittings there too because they have a really good selection. But the last couple orders, every metric to SAE fitting (almost) had to be back ordered. The problem with that is they didn't let me know. One time I ordered some an had them shipped next day air. They did that but right after they got them ... about a week and a half later.:) LOL ... of course they didn't charge me for air shipping.
I still buy from them because I like their selection. I just ask them first if they have them in stock or not.

The lack of information is surprising. :eek: They have always let me know of back orders and have let me know about when the part was expected in.

As far as buying from the local dealers, I would love to, but they don't have the selection and prices vary from 40% to more than 100% more than DHH for the same fitting that is made in China. I actually think that our local guys stay in business due to local businesses that need parts now, not in a few days.