Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #1  

Alan57

Tractor
LS MT345E
After replacing the hydraulic filter for the 50hr service I lost a little fluid, mostly from what was in the old filter. Now the manual gives specs for type of fluid to use but I’m not seeing these specs on any of the hydraulic fluid containers. Stopped by a LS dealer today and all they had was some universal hydraulic fluid with no specs and the parts man didn’t know if it was the correct fluid for my tractor. Went to an Oreilly auto store and they only had AW 32 and AW 46 hydraulic fluid in gallons. Looking for recommendations when I only need a gallon of fluid for topping off. Would also be interested in knowing what others are using for hydraulic fluid when they do there first fluid change.

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #2  
This is what my LS dealer uses and recommended:

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_114252_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20210511_114252_hdr.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 589
  • IMG_20210511_114330_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20210511_114330_hdr.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 762
   / Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #3  
If your LS manual is listing a spec of API GL4 ISO VG 46/68 LSTH570 then I'm 99% sure you can use.... Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from Tractor Supply...

Also the NAPA 85401 suggested above... ^^^ by Doofy...

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement
If your LS manual is listing a spec of API GL4 ISO VG 46/68 LSTH570 then I'm 99% sure you can use.... Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid from Tractor Supply...

Also the NAPA 85401 suggested above... ^^^ by Doofy...
Manual recommends API GL4 ISO VG 32/46 LSTH400G

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #5  
Pretty much any hydraulic fluid that says its for a transaxle, HST, or transmission, will be just fine.

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #7  
The Mobil recommendation is in-between ISO 46/68 and the Shell recommendation is closest to ISO 68.

The only ISO 32 fluids that I know of are Kubota super udt 2 and John Deere low viscosity.

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #8  
After replacing the hydraulic filter for the 50hr service I lost a little fluid, mostly from what was in the old filter. Now the manual gives specs for type of fluid to use but I’m not seeing these specs on any of the hydraulic fluid containers. Stopped by a LS dealer today and all they had was some universal hydraulic fluid with no specs and the parts man didn’t know if it was the correct fluid for my tractor. Went to an Oreilly auto store and they only had AW 32 and AW 46 hydraulic fluid in gallons. Looking for recommendations when I only need a gallon of fluid for topping off. Would also be interested in knowing what others are using for hydraulic fluid when they do there first fluid change.
Where do you live or plan on operating the tractor ? If your planning to operate in extreme cold weather I would probably choose the lighter oil. Fleet Farm stores sell it in 5 gallon containers for about $36 , there’s supposed to be a Tractor Supply store opening here this fall So I might wait to see what they will be charging.

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #9  
The Mobil recommendation is in-between ISO 46/68 and the Shell recommendation is closest to ISO 68.

The only ISO 32 fluids that I know of are Kubota super udt 2 and John Deere low viscosity.
Where are you getting this information from?

Only thing I could match up was the GL4 requirement. The Shell lists it as GL4, the Travellers doesn't list it.

/ Hydraulic fluid for topping off and for replacement #10  
Where are you getting this information from?

Only thing I could match up was the GL4 requirement. The Shell lists it as GL4, the Travellers doesn't list it.
The product data sheets. The 40°C viscosity in particular.