Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....???

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....??? #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
Fluid and filters were changed at a little over 600 hours per the manual......by the dealer. Tractor is now at 1100 hours.

Changing it is a pain as we use the tractor in the woods and skid plate that's a bear to remove and replace.

I've got to change the oil soon but would like to wait on the HF until the NEXT oil change. At that point the tractor will have 1400 or so hours on it and the current fluid will have about 750-800 hours on it.

So is this really critical?

Fluid is clean and the system runs good now.

M8540

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....??? #2  
So I understand correctly, the fluid and hydraulic filter were last changed at 600h, the machine has 1100h now, and you will be changing both at about 1400h ?
That would put the fluid at about 200 hours over the recommended interval, and the hydraulic filter 500 hours over the recommended interval.

I would be more concerned with the hydraulic filter not being changed at the recommended 300 hour intervals than 200 hours over on the fluid. At the end of the day it's your choice, I would at least change the filter.

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....???
So I understand correctly, the fluid and hydraulic filter were last changed at 600h, the machine has 1100h now, and you will be changing both at about 1400h ?
That would put the fluid at about 200 hours over the recommended interval, and the hydraulic filter 500 hours over the recommended interval.

I would be more concerned with the hydraulic filter not being changed at the recommended 300 hour intervals than 200 hours over on the fluid. At the end of the day it's your choice, I would at least change the filter.

I missed that part of it.......the filters at 300......so maybe replace filters when I do the oil and then I can let the hydraulic go until the next 300 hour and get it all at once. That makes sense.

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....??? #4  
My 'bota says fluid amd filter after 50 hrs. I thought that sounded ridiculous. I wasn't planning on doing the fluid til much longer, the filter I may change close to that though. What tractors recommend 600hr intervals?

Oops! I was wrong. It says every 400hrs on the fluid and filter every 50.

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....??? #5  
I may be mistaken but I believe Kubota recommends engine oil change after the initial fifty hours and replace engine and hydraulic filters at fifty as well. I don't think Kubota recommends hydraulic fluid change until 400 hours. I don't know I'd run the hydraulic fluid that long as it may pick up moisture. I think hydraulic fluid is more critical with a tractor with HST than a tractor running hydraulic accessories only.

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....??? #6  
I may be mistaken but I believe Kubota recommends engine oil change after the initial fifty hours and replace engine and hydraulic filters at fifty as well. I don't think Kubota recommends hydraulic fluid change until 400 hours. I don't know I'd run the hydraulic fluid that long as it may pick up moisture. I think hydraulic fluid is more critical with a tractor with HST than a tractor running hydraulic accessories only.

Yeah I made a mistake. Only engine oil, filter, and hydraulic filter at 50. 400 on the trans oil.

/ Hydraulic fluid...hours of operation....???
Yeah I made a mistake. Only engine oil, filter, and hydraulic filter at 50. 400 on the trans oil.

You guys got me concerned that I had not read correctly so I pulled the manual out to be sure again. ( https://www.kubota.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/M7040-M6040-M8540-M9540-CAB.pdf )

Odd that the engine oil filter is listed as change at 600 hours while the engine oil itself is listed as a 300 hour change.

And the hydraulic oil filter is listed at 300 hours for changing while the transmission fluid itself is listed at 600 hours.....which is exactly the opposite of the engine oil?

All of which is confusing, though the question still is about leaving the fluid a 150 or so extra hours?