Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #1  

morpheous71

Tractor
Mahindra 4025 4 wheel drive
Hi All
New to the board. I recently bought a Mahindra 4025 which I'm already in love with.
Added a few mod's, sun canopy (basketball backdrop), aux. lights, grapple (versatech).
So the problem I'm having is this;
Installed the grapple and decided to run it off the power beyond with a joystick controller/switch. Used a directional solonoid valve and like I said I by passed the cut into the powerbeyond then went through the valve (4 way) then out other side to the PTO, then the other two lines go down to the grapple for open and close. Took forever to figure out the switch, push button 3 way, but I finally got it and hooked everything up and it worked fine. Had a few leaks which had to be fixed up but I got that done. I thought everything was fine until I tried the lever for the 3 point hitch. It didn't work.....so I on hooked everything again set it up the way it originally was and then tried the lever again and now the up/down for the hitch works??? The PTO works either way....so I have limited understanding on this but I'm figuring I have too much load on the hydraulics or maybe not enough fluid getting to the back because the lines I used are alittle smaller and the valve holes are definitely more constrictive....??? Can anyone help with this problem, hopefully my description makes sense. I'll take some pic's now and then attach them to the inquiry????
Here is the original set-up.:confused2:

newest june 2 208.jpg

New pic's, showing the set-up but the lines have temp. been switched back to original loader spec's.
mahindra forum 1 001.jpg
mahindra forum 1 002.jpg
mahindra forum 1 003.jpg
mahindra forum 1 004.jpg
mahindra forum 1 005.jpg
mahindra forum 1 006.jpg
mahindra forum 1 007.jpg
mahindra forum 1 008.jpg
mahindra forum 1 009.jpg
mahindra forum 1 012.jpg

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #2  
I am going to assume you tried to connect a true 3rd function valve after the FEL valve and then on to the 3pt.

I don't think you mean PTO, but 3pt

Here is how that is done.

From FEL PB, to IN on the 3rd function valve. The OUT port hose goes to the 3pt input.

The 3rd function A/B ports hoses goes to the grapple cylinder.

So now, the flow is something like this

Pump to FEl, to 3rd valve, to 3pt, to tank.

I see three hoses, where is the OUT hose, going to the back of tractor. Is it on the backside of the valve?

I am thinking you ran the OUT from the 3rd function to the tank, bypassing the 3pt.

Anyway, take the OUT hose from the 3rd function port and run that hose to the 3pt input. You should now have all valves in a series flow path.

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025
Thanks for the reply. I added some pic's hope that helps.
The FEL valve looking down from the drivers seat, goes like this, 1 hose on left (pressure in), 4 hoses on top (loader,up/downetc), 2 hoses on right (top one PB and lower one T). I think this is right, I checked double check etcetc the manual many times.
I took off the PB and hooked it up to the T side of the new valve, then I took new hose and went from the PB to the other side of the new valve. The T side hose goes on to something just below the seat. So I think I'm doing it the way you described. The other hose coming off the FEL valve the one I described as the Tank line it also goes to the back but ends up right around the transmission breather valve.?????

Does this help. Sorry for my limited understanding. This is my first tractor and first time around hydraulics.

I see three hoses, where is the OUT hose, going to the back of tractor. Is it on the backside of the valve?

I am thinking you ran the OUT from the 3rd function to the tank, bypassing the 3pt.

Anyway, take the OUT hose from the 3rd function port and run that hose to the 3pt input. You should now have all valves in a series flow path.

I'm really paranoid to try another set-up at this point, I was under the impression that if I mixed up the PB line and the T line coming out of the FEL valve I would blow my pump. I saw this on a utube video and the guy really went on about how this simple mistake would cost you big time?

The picture with my hand in it shows me holding the new line I ran from the FEL PB line to the IN on the 3rd function valve. So again to clarify, I on hooked the originl PB line which went under the front of seat to the OUT on the 3rd function valve and i took the new hose that I am holding up and hooked it up to the PB valve coming out of the FEL valve.

Okay hopefully this is my last ditch attempt at my explanation.:)

This pic shows were the OUT goes from the 3rd function valve, originally the PB hose went here. I have no idea what this is under the seat????
grundle2 011.jpg

This pic shows were the Tank line goes from the FEL valve, this is still original, I never messed with this hose. It's directly behind the seat just right of the PTO.
grundle3 029.jpg

and just to be clear on things here is the original valve set-up, starting from the left;
2 hoses top (yellowtape) PB and bottom (bluetape) T
4 hoses in middle (blue,red,yellow,black---to the loader)
1 hose on right (redtape) pressure from pump
grundle 003.jpg

and heres the owners manual information
grundle3 022.jpg
grundle3 023.jpg
grundle3 024.jpg

I hope this helps clarify everything. :licking: All this typing and pic's has made me hungry...

Attachments

• grundle2 001.jpg
    grundle2 001.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 908
  • grundle2 005.jpg
    grundle2 005.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 344
   / Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #7  
If you are pumping fluid and not going into relief, then the fluid is going somewhere.

You should have FEL operation if you connected things like I said..

If you have no 3pt, then you do not have the solenoid OUT port going to the 3pt input.

Try this and you will know if the hose are wrong.

While using the FEL, see if you also have 3pt. If you have the hoses wrong, the flow from the FEL tank OUT port will feed the 3pt, and that is wrong. .

If you have 3pt operation only using the 3pt valve, then the flow is correct.

You can use air to test everything if you want.

Just add a air chuck to the IN port on the FEL and operate the levers and switches to open ports.

How many hoses on the solenoid valve. I can't see anything on the back side.

Thanks again. I will try that test to see what happens.
The solenoid valve has 4 ports, A B and P T.
I guess at this point I'm a little sketchy switching the hoses around.....as far as I'm understanding I most likely have the wrong hose connected to the input of the third function valve and also the wrong output.....I think!

So do I run the risk of blowing my pump if I hook this up wrong????? :confused3:

So I'm thinking this is what I should do. Instead of adding a hose from the FEL valve PB line to the input of the third function valve, I should run a hose from the FEL valve T line to the input of the third function valve.

Then;

Instead of hooking the PB line up to the output of the third function valve I should but routing the Tank line to it.

Does that even make any sense?????

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #9  
After all that I have said, you can't go wrong.

Do you have the PB adapter installed?

Run a hose from the PB adapter to the IN port on the 3rd valve.

Run the OUT on the 3rd function valve to the 3pt.

The A/B go to the grapple.

That is all.

Your flow will now be like this.

Pump, FEL, 3rd, 3pt, tank.

Everything should now work like it should.

Contact me by PM and I will give you my phone number.

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #10  
Just talked to the Prince hyd rep and the opinion is that if you connect it wrong, you could damage the valve.

Although the ports on the subplate is rated for 3000 to 5000 psi, the solenoid valve itself is not.

So input pressure connected wrong and back pressure could damage the valve.