Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025
Thanks for all your help JJ, I have been busy working since the last post so I'm off today and about to try to figure out what the problem is. I'll keep you posted. Tapping on wood that all ends in success for the newbie.:)

Well here's the latest update, somewhere from hydraulicland.....lol
Tried some testing on the system and found that, hooked up the way I have it, I have no 3PT power, but loader and grapple functions do work.

I tried operating 3PT when the loader was operational and nothing...but when I used the grapple (open/close) switch, the 3PT was also working!!!

So I decided to diagnose a little further and took hose off going into 3PT and checked the flow when tractor was running and it had no flow but when the grapple switch was activated bursts of fluid would come out.

Next I hooked that back up and moved to the hose going into the Tank and tested that, when tractor was started it would flow constant, not a blast like the 3PT line but lots of volume. When the grapple switch or loader was operated the flow would stop also,

Next I moved onto the line coming out of the loader valve, the PB line, it also had constant flow like that of the Tankline.

:confused2:So I figured at this point that it had to be the directional valve I purchased, I had no idea that there are different types of these and they all have different functions.:ashamed: I just bought the one that the storeclerk told me I needed and naively thought it would simply be the right one. :thumbdown:

My valve will not allow the PB flow to come through the Input and then proceed through the Output. Instead it allows the flow in and feeds all the three other lines only when the switch is operated. So I obviously have the wrong one.:shocked:

So maybe someone can point me in the right direction, below are the options I have from my Princess Auto dealer, this is were I bought the first one, so I plan on bringing it back and switching out for the right one.

The valve I have is called;
3-position,4-way,ClosedCenter
(Being spring-centered it will remain in its home all-ports blocked position until it is shifted electrically.)

Options I can replace it with are the following, with a brief description fro PrincessAuto's website below.

1. 3-position,4-way, HCenter
(In the center neutral position all the ports are connected which will allow the motor to freewheel or the cylinder to float.)

2. 3-position,4-way, MotorCenter
(The valves work ports are connected to tank in the neutral position and the pressure port is blocked. This will allow the motor to freewheel or the cylinders to float.)

3. 3-position,4-way, TandemCenter
(In the center neutral position the work ports are blocked and the pressure and tank ports are connected.)

My best guess is I need the TandemCenter.

Any feedback would be much appreciated at this point...................:newhere:

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #13  
You have the wrong valve in the first place.

All your valves should be open center.

I believe #3 is the one you want.

The hyd flow should run through the solenoid valve at all times. When you are using the 3rd function valve, pump flow goes into the cyl, the flow downstream is the flow from the cyl you are controlling. When you release the switch, the flow becomes pump flow.

Exactly, that's what I thought was going on which has lead to my additional confusion, I have the wrong valve.......lol :duh::duh::duh: NEWB.......:tractor:

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #15  
Did you ever get the hydraulics working wright because I having the same problem hoping you got yours working and would help me on mine on what valve it took and where to put it . Thanks

/ Hydraulic Issue Mahindra 4025 #16  
I meant I am having the same problem