Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video #1  

killingitcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
Okay so I learned a few things. The BX has more than enough hydraulic output ... like way more than I'll ever need for the dump trailer ... and I'll have to be careful with this thing haha. Enjoy.

- James

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video #3  
Youi have way too much idle time on your hands.....lol

You should NEVER use anything but the drawbar for attaching a pulled trailer or implement.

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video #5  
Yeah, tipping over is a different calculation than the ones needed to size the dump cylinder, the mounting geometry, and the pump pressure.

I did wheelie my Samurai dump truck once, going up a hill with a 1T load.

As for using the 3-pt hitch to pull a trailer: imagine going down hill with a heavy load, and having the tongue and hitch sudden rise up.

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video #6  
The first 19 minutes of the video is unnecessary. 😏

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video #7  
Would the same thing had happened if he would have locked the 3PH so it wouldn't have moved up and gave the trailer momentum to lift the tractor?

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video #8  
Would the same thing had happened if he would have locked the 3PH so it wouldn't have moved up and gave the trailer momentum to lift the tractor?
The hitch can be locked to prevent upward movement if you install a locking brace. Such braces come with 3-pt backhoe attachments to prevent pushing the hitch up. Operating a 3-pt backhoe without this brace has been known to injure some users as they get crushed by the rising hoe.

In the OP's case with the BX, the tractor would still have lifted up with a locked hitch since the lifting force of 1.5T of water shifting to the rear of the trailer was more than the 500# or so holding the tractor's rear end down.

/ Hydraulic Output Test On My BX - Video
The first 19 minutes of the video is unnecessary. 😏
I agree ... which is why I actually said that the entire test was ridiculous and completely unnecessary at the 1:12 mark in the video. We sure had fun though.

- James