Hydraulic top link advice

/ Hydraulic top link advice #1  

josephny

Silver Member
I have an M9960 and would like to replace the manual pto top link with a hydraulic one.

the tractor has extra hydraulic ports on the back but I don’t know much (or anything actually) about hydraulics.

Can someone identify a good complete solution that I can buy? Including hoses with the right connectors?

Thank you!

/ Hydraulic top link advice #2  
Brian at FitRite Hydraulics can hook you up. He goes by @MtnViewRanch on TBN. I tagged him in hopes he will see your question. He made mine for me and I could not be happier. Good luck.

/ Hydraulic top link advice #3  
Not all that simple.....
You need to measure the collapsed and then the extended lengths of the manual top link. Then use those measurements to find a hydraulic top link cylinder closely matching those measurements (don't have to match exactly, just close).

The hoses are a guesstimate.... you can use a piece of garden hose to approximate the length needed. Usually those hoses are about 2-3 feet, but on your larger machine, they could be a bit longer.

There are many different sizes of couplers... 3/8", 1/2", 3/4".... also different types: AG, flat faced, etc... That will depend on your machine setup.... can't tell from here what type you have....

Here is a link to one supplier:
And another:

Hope this helps you out!

Oh, Brian at FitRight Hydraulics probably knows everything you need to know like K5lwq said.

/ Hydraulic top link advice #4  
I have an M9960 and would like to replace the manual pto top link with a hydraulic one.

the tractor has extra hydraulic ports on the back but I don’t know much (or anything actually) about hydraulics.

Can someone identify a good complete solution that I can buy? Including hoses with the right connectors?

Thank you!
This is what I typically supply for your application.

A 3" dia cylinder with a 1 1/2" dia rod having a working length of 23 1/4"- 35 1/4" similar to the unit on the left in the picture.
A hose kit made with 3/8" hose and 1/2" male AG poppet type couplers, 1@30", 1@36".
A set of flow restrictors, these allow for slower smoother adjustments of the hydraulic link.

If you would like a quote, please fill out the contact page in the following link.

Attachments

• M series 85hp+.JPG
    M series 85hp+.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
   / Hydraulic top link advice #5  
I've had a hydraulic top link on my M6040 for eight years. It's from Fit Rite. It was a real "no brainer" to instal. Much heavier than the OEM manual top link.

No problems what-so-ever and seals are still 100%. Meaning there is no leak down if the 3-point implement is elevated by the hydraulic top link.

The Rhino 950 rear blade weighs 1050# and is VERY easily controlled with the Fit Rite top link.

IMG_0013.jpeg
IMG_0161.jpeg

/ Hydraulic top link advice #6  
Triple thumbs up for working with Brian!

His solution significantly enhanced the functionality of my 60HP tractor and he assisted in both identifying and mitigating "less than perfect" Kubota provided hydraulic valves.

/ Hydraulic top link advice
Thank you all very much and thank you Brian (form completed and sent).