Hydraulink top link reviews?

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Anyone buy one of these? Looking to replace my top link, didnt want to dive into the hydraulic realm with a valve, hoses and a cylinder but this product looks like it would fit my need. The only thing I'm slighltly hesitant about is the air trapped in the cylinder acting as an absorber, Im not so sure I want any air in the cylinder at all. Surely there is a way to bled this air out to make it more rigid. So, have anyone here bought one of these and tried it out? I've seen other threads about it and the main one from the manufacturer but it didnt really answer my questions, just a bunch of back and forth on this is better than this, with no real information about the product.

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #2  
ho bulids it ?

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #3  
who builds it ?

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #6  
That's not actually a hydraulic top link in the conventional sense. Others may disagree, but I think it's gimmicky.. So lets start by asking what you think you want this top link to do for you

//Greg//

/ Hydraulink top link reviews?
Yes, I know what the product is and how it works and no, its not a hydraulic top link. Im looking for some first person experience with the product. If i had rear remotes and a simple way to attach a hydraulic top link I probably would, but at this point its added expense beyond what a cylinder is and thats not what I want to do.

I'm just looking for something to make it a bit easier to adjust the top link without really adding a whole lot of hydraulic bs, this looks like it and was just asking for personal experience. If you dont have it then you're opinion is kind of a moot one for what im asking.

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #8  
The only thing I'm slighltly hesitant about is the air trapped in the cylinder acting as an absorber, Im not so sure I want any air in the cylinder at all. Surely there is a way to bled this air out to make it more rigid.

The air compresses to let the piston move. There is more room on one side of the piston than on the other because the rod is in there on one side. If the cylinder and lines were completely full of fluid, it could not move.

Bruce

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #9  
Yes, I know what the product is and how it works.
Ok. Then if you're satisfied with 4 inches of "air adjustment", it's your money. Otherwise the other end screws in and out just like a regular old turnbuckle toplink. Might be just me, but it's just not something I'd invest in.

//greg//

/ Hydraulink top link reviews? #10  
With a hydraulic you need to be able to reach the toplink from the seat of the tractor. Have you watch the videos of how it operates? You can't adjust it on the fly like you can a hydraulic toplink. I did not realize you only had 4" of travel. You could buy a hydraulic toplink for what the hydraulink costs but you would still need a remote but I think it would be the better way to go.